Chapter 8- Happier

*Will*

Will woke up to voices coming from outside of the room.

Even after Lucas brought him inside, the nightmare continued.

He was in the upside-down again, but he wasn't "safe" in his fort.

The monster was eating him alive.

    Will got up and walked to the door, he heard a small long sound coming from the "balcony" he cracked the door open slightly, and he couldn't believe what he saw.

Lucas had his arms around Max. They were making out right in front of him.

He went still for a moment, thinking. That's it!

He quickly shook Dustin awake, "Dustin, you have to see this," he told his friend.

He dragged Dustin to the Door quickly, just in time to see them pull apart.

"Oh, my god," Dustin whispered.

"Lets go out there."

  Will held back his tears for a little while longer and walked out into the night.

*Lucas*
   "Hey guys, whats up?" Will asked "happily".

   "Just getting some air," Lucas said as he breathed out into the cold air and created a cloud around his face.

   Will backed up a little, "I didn't think you would lie to me."

"You saw?"

Will's eyes started tearing up, "w-what do you think!?"

   Meanwhile Dustin was just as much in shock as the other 3, but he really couldn't blame Max, technically they weren't really together.

   Will had backed himself to the other side of the balcony and was sobbing.

  "Will-" Lucas tried to say but he got up and ran down the stairs before he could finish.

  "Why is Will so sad?" Max asked from behind.

   "I was with him," Lucas said and turned back, "I'm sorry I brought you into this."

   "It was me," Max said.

   Lucas sighed and followed them back inside.

   What have I done?

———————————————

*Will*

I tried to be strong.

Will ran down the stairs while he heard the others yell his name.

   The tears and the cold wind stung his eyes as he ran down to the river.

   It was freezing outside so he sat down near the river's bank and let himself sob for awhile.

   I thought he was falling in love with me. When will I learn that nothing ever works out for me!

  He could feel the freezing air whipping at his face, but he didn't care.

   The others were searching for him, but he stayed in the foliage and made his way down to the road they drove in on.

   The ride hadn't been very far from his house, he figured he could walk.

  The night was dark, but he had a flashlight and a pocketknife just in case.

  After walking for about 15 minutes, Will sees his house.

   He quietly walked into the house and went to his room to try to sleep.