Chapter 7- Let Go

*Eleven*

Hanging with the boys was fun, but El spent most of her time at the party with Max this time.

Ever since she got back, Max had been teaching her how to be a real girl.

She would explain things like El and Mike being boyfriend and girlfriend, what clothes to wear, and how to talk to people.

On the other hand Mike had been teaching her life. Things like money, school, and their relationship were things he told her about.

Those two had been really helpful to her.

Meanwhile at the camp, El sat next to Mike and Max at the table.

"Why do kids go to school?" El asked.

"People need to learn things so they can get jobs," Max explained to her.

"Why do people do bad things?"

"That one is tricky," Mike told her, "either they have a motivation or they are mentally ill."

"Mentally ill?"

"Sick, so sick that they can't think straight." Mike told her.

El snuggled up close to his side and pulled her feet up on top of the couch.

"Guys?" Steve said after everyone had finished eating.

"Yeah?" They looked up at Steve and Nancy who had firewood and s'mores materials.

"Campfire anybody?"

———————————————

It had only taken Steve a moment to start the fire, so all the kids pulled up chairs and sat around it.

"El, do you want me to teach you how to make a s'more?"

   "Yeah," she said as he picked up two sticks from the ground.

  "Take one of these and stick a marshmallow on top," Mike demonstrates and El follows all his directions.

   Meanwhile, the other kids were freezing cold, but still trying to have a good time.

   When they had eaten their toasted marshmallows, they were temporarily warmed up, but didn't last long.

"Guys I think i'm going inside," Max shivered.

"Im going to go in too." Dustin retorts shortly after.

   Mike smirked at the two as they walked inside.

  *Lucas*

     Lucas watched as the two descended from the campfire.

   He shook his head and looked at Will who sat next to him.

   Will was sitting with his feet on his chair and his sweatshirt zipped.

   "You good?"

   "Yeah, just cold." Will replied as he concentrated on the flickering flame.

   "Here," he quickly ran into the boy room and grabbed a blanket.

   "Thanks," Will spread the blanket over his knees and arms.

————————————————————–——————————
  "Are you sure you don't want to go inside?" Lucas asked him quietly after everyone else left.

  "If you want to, we can," Will replied.

   "I like being out alone, reminds me of my old summer camp," Lucas chuckled.

    Will shuttered and moved closer to the fire.

   Lucas moved his chair closer to Will's and put his arm around the cold boy.

   Will rested his head against Lucas' shoulder and closed his eyes.

     Will drifted to sleep right there as Lucas kept his eyes on the fire.

———————————————————————————————

   About 10 minutes later Will started whimpering in his sleep.

    "Hey, Hey Will, wake up," Lucas gently shook the boy.

Will's eyes opened and Lucas could see the fear inside them.

"Shhh, its alright, we should go inside." Lucas chided as he took a bucket of water and splashed the fire.

Will nodded as he buried his nose deep into Lucas' shoulder.

"Come on," Lucas whispered as he gently helped Will up from his chair and to the room.

Will walked to the couch to lay down and almost immediately fell asleep.

Lucas kissed Will's forehead and tried to fall asleep on the floor.

It was 12:34, and Lucas still couldn't fall asleep. He quietly stood up and opened the door to stand out on the "balcony".

He noticed he wasn't the only one having trouble falling asleep, Max stood out looking at the stars.

He walked up and leaned his stomach against the railing, "having trouble sleeping?" He asked her.

She jumped, "holy crap! You scared the shit outta me!"

"Sorry," he laughed under his breath.

"And yeah," she said as she turned towards him.

"How have you and Dustin been?"

"He's nice, but I'm not sure if he is right for me," Max said softly.

"Why is that?"

"I've sorta had my eye on someone else lately. What about you and Will?"

"Huh?"

"I saw you guys dance at the Snow Ball."

"I-I was just doing it as a favor," Lucas said, but immediately regretted it.

Max walked a little closer to him and planted a kiss on his lips. It wasn't like the ones Will and Lucas had shared, it was fiery, not warm.

The kiss also lasted longer, a whole lot longer. The ginger girl took control of him.

He didn't even try to pull away, he even tried to deepen it.

He couldn't believe what he was doing.

———————————————

THIS KILLED ME