10. OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN

Hey guys, I'm back with another chapter. I want to take this story forward continuing from shaurya's past to divvu's decision after kumbh's death in shaurya's perspective. I recommend you to go through the chapter betrayal for better understanding.

I received no answer from the minister about the marriage. I went to their home to meet Karthika. We sat in the garden. It went something like this.

Me:- It is nice to finally meet you again karthika.

Karthika:- Glad to meet you, your majesty.

Me:- No need to call me that. You can call me ARYA. That's what my mom used to call me when I was a kid.

Karthika:- I can't call you that.

Me:- umm...why not? You are going to be my wife soon..

Karthika:- No, I am sorry, I'm not, your majesty.

Me:- You must be joking. Stop playing around with me.

Karthika:- I'm not joking, your majesty. I'm serious. I don't want to marry you.

Me:- Wh...wh..what...why not? You told me you wanted to marry me.

Karthika:- when?

Me:- when we were kids..you came to my room and..

Karthika:- I don't remember doing any sort of thing like that.

I went back to being serious..

Me:- oh.. why are u taking this decision?

Karthika:- I am afraid of you, your majesty. You have changed a lot in these ten years. You never reached out to me. You know we are going to get married and yet you have never tried to at least meet me. If you like me, you would have at least wrote letters to me. But you never did.
Even I tried, I got scared looking at the way you talk, the decisions you take, the wars you fight. I don't want all this. I want a peaceful life and I have realized that it is highly impossible to have a normal life with you.

Besides, I love someone else now. I told my father already. He was waiting for the right time to tell you about that.

She stated her opinion steadily. I stood there frozen, I was getting rejected from a girl whom I thought would be my wife for ten years. I returned from there to the palace. I was so angry, I went to the fighting range and battled with my practice partners. They were terrified t.o watch me attack as if I'm fighting a real war. My minister came to me and apologized on behalf of his daughter. I told him not to worry about it but I told him stubbornly to Marry her to her lover and exile both of them from my kingdom.

I was angry on myself for losing her. May be it was my mistake to not give her enough attention. I was frustrated all the time, I put a hold on Randhir's wedding. He didn't know my plans yet.

A year passed

like this. One day, I was on the terrace practicing sword alone. A servant came and handed me a painting along with a letter. I opened the painting to see a beautiful young lady, with eyes like a spread out rose petals, face glowing like a full moon, those lips..damn...I want to kiss those lips even it's just a painting, I wish I was that parrot in her hand so that I can bite that lip. She is the most beautiful woman I ever saw. Was she really a woman or an angel sent from heaven? Wowww...I was awestruck by her beauty.

I was awestruck by her beauty