15. THE RING💍

Hey guys I'm back with a new update....

As I stood there panicking not knowing what to do to save shaurya, that man came so close to him standing by shaurya's side and raised his sword to cut shaurya's throat....I closed my eyes took a deep breath and shouted at the peak of my voice "SHAURYAAAAA...."

Shaurya opened his eyes, ducked the attack and stood facing that soldier.. " I got you" he winked at that soldier. Shaurya had no weapon to defend, the soldier started swinging his sword against shaurya. Shaurya escaped all the attacks without a sweat. He took his time and punched him in the stomach. That soldier folded his arms on his stomach whining in pain. Shaurya snatched his sword and placed it around that man's neck. He slit his throat saying "Better luck next time or should I say better luck in next life."

That man fell on ground rolling in pain, choking, holding his neck, he was struggling in pain. He suffered like that for a minute and then he died. Shaurya just stood there watching him suffer. He turned around to see who called his name.. Adi and I hid behind so that he couldn't see us.

He looked around to see the dead men and the arrows, he picked up one of the arrows and was examining it..He looked around to find where those arrows came from, he started shouting "hey, who are you?....Where are you? Why did you save me? ....Come out my friend. I won't hurt you." He roamed searching. Thanks to this big tree trunk, the tree house is not visible to him. He ran around looking for his savior. I was still afraid of him. I still didn't like him but I couldn't let him die. Some part of me just stepped forward forgetting Everything he did and all I could focus on was how to save him. I killed three men to save his life, I never even killed a mosquito when it's biting on me.

I didn't know where I gathered the courage to do such a thing. I believed in defeating the enemy than killing the enemy, which used to be my battle motto.. but.. today I killed men...I should have just stopped them by shooting at their legs or something but I didn't...I just killed them for shaurya.. I pray for there souls to rest in peace this Shaurya.. aahh.. he was changing me from the moment he entered my life... I'm not ready yet to face him.. I'm not ready to change myself anymore, I had changed enough.. I would never go near him. Besides he deserved someone better than me, I was not the right person for him. If I went near him, he wouldn't have left me, he would have started questioning me and God knows how he was gonna react about my journey.

His generals came searching for Shaurya, they were really worried about him. He whispered something to the general. The general got him a piece of paper. Shaurya started writing something on it. He took one of his rings and buried it in the ground. He used that arrow to stick that paper to a tree.

He shouted "thank you, whoever you are for saving my life

He shouted "thank you, whoever you are for saving my life. If you wanted to meet me, you would have come out by now. I respect your decision to remain unknown. This letter is for you. Thanks again. Feel free to contact me whenever you need me."

He left from there with his general and soldiers. I hurried down the tree to see what he wrote in the letter. I went to the tree pulled out the arrow and read the letter. It was

My dear well wisher,

I would like to thank you on behalf of me and my people for saving my life today. I wish I could meet you in person but u didn't show up, I'll stay in this village until tomorrow evening, it will be my honor to treat you as my guest. You are always welcome to meet me in my court or palace. Just show this ring to the guards, it's a KING'S MARK, anyone will allow you to meet me at any time. I wish I could return your favour. Just come and tell me showing this ring and I will help you in anyway I could. Don't hesitate to ask, because I owe you a favor. You are always welcome to my kingdom. I am hoping that I could meet you soon.

Once again thank you,

Yours
King shaurya pratap

I dug up the ground and found the ring that he buried. It was an antique gold ring, with an emblem of crown crossed by an arrow and below it was a shield in middle of which is an arrow pointing up and crossed swords behind the shield. I wonder what those R and D initials stand for?!!!. This is one classic King's mark, very valuable because every king will have only about 10 of them to be given to his trust worthy people. It was used as STAMP for the king's signature in any kind of legislature. If it goes in the wrong hands, it can ruin the whole kingdom. He was dumb to give it to someone that he didn't know. It's better I keep it safe with me, until I can return it to him at the right time.

I wore the ring on my ring finger, but it was loose and was sliding down apparently shaurya had bigger fingers, I put it on my thumb finger of my left hand and went back to the tree house taking the letter

I wore the ring on my ring finger, but it was loose and was sliding down apparently shaurya had bigger fingers, I put it on my thumb finger of my left hand and went back to the tree house taking the letter. Adi was sitting quietly beside the window. He was very silent all along. He was like in some kind of shock not believing what just happened. I turned to him to explain him everything.. " He ..he..is shaurya, the great king..." He stuttered with fear..

" Yeah, he is, is there a problem? Adi" I asked him. He shivered "oh no, ohh...no... what have I done? He will kill me if he finds me. Please save me didi, please save me" he clutched my hand. His face was pale and his voice was trembling.

I hugged him, patting his shoulder consoling him "Adi, nobody is going to hurt you. I'm here for you, don't worry. Stop panicking and tell me what happened. I won't let anyone lay a finger on you. Trust me Adi. Don't worry."

I comforted him and he was silent for sometime. It was getting dark. I asked him " Adi, why are you so afraid of that king? What happened?" He went near the window looking at the setting sun, the sky turned red as the sun went down. He broke some twigs from the tree and made a small fire on the treehouse to keep us warm for the night as we couldn't go back to the village yet because of all the panic there.

He sat down in the corner near the fire, crossing his legs and holding his knees tight. He was looking deep into the fire. "I did a mistake didi., A big mistake. Many people lost their jobs because of me including me. I am the reason this war started. I'm sorry didi. I wouldn't have done it if I had known the consequences." Tears rolled down his cheeks. I sat beside him wiping his tears "what did you do?"I asked him with concern. Actually I was thinking about what a ten year old kid could do for a job...I wonder what this little guy's story is.. I hope I could help him...

She would meet shaurya one day... don't worry😅

It's just second day of her journey, a lot happening, right??

Hey, if you are liking the story, plz do vote and comment, it encourages me to post my updates faster...😎

Plz share this story with your friends😁