39. HAPPILY MARRIED ???

" Well then, I will leave you in the good hands of the commander and find my way to Kaling " Shaurya said mounting his horse. A messenger was already sent to the palace as soon as they found us.

Our Commander gripped the reins of his horse stopping him from riding away " You have to come with us Sir " Shaurya narrowed his eyes " Commander, Are you ordering me? " No sir, It is a request from our king Keerthisena. He ordered us to get both of you safely to the palace. His majesty is making arrangements for a river ship for you to reach Kaling safely. On behalf of my king I invite you to the kingdom of Udaygarh and accept our hospitality. " he said politely.

All the soldiers had there hands over their swords. Even though it seemed like a polite invitation, it felt like a capture. Shaurya scanned the surroundings for a minute. " Sir, don't make this more complicated than it already is " he insisted. Shaurya got down from his horse, nodded at him agreeing to come with us.

We were given new horses and as a battalion we raced to my city Udaygarh, straight to the palace. We were greeted by Riya at the entrance of Udaygarh's fort. My eyes searched for my father but he was not there. Riya took both of us to my room. She hugged me, enquired about my well being, I told her I was fine but I didn't mention her about the marriage. I haven't made up my mind about our marriage yet.

Shaurya was pacing in the room waiting to get out of there. On one side I can understand how hurt he is and getting closed off from me that I need to wait patiently for time to heal our relationship which involves a lot of work from both of us and on the other side he is not showing any sign of accepting me or trying to put an effort into this relationship and even worse he is trying hard to repulse me and going so far as to humiliate me. If its work I will do and wait patiently but can I handle all the humiliation he is throwing at me to push me away. I don't know may be I can or may be it is too much. How can I know? Someone help, I cried inside trying to smile outside for Riya. I don't want to make her sad and get worried for me.

I heard the announcement of my father's arrival and the next minute, He entered my chamber furiously and went straight to Shaurya's neck, yelling at him " You said you would take care of her. How dare you to lay a finger on my daughter? " I guess the word of our waterfall adventure spread faster than I thought. "She rejected you in the swayamvar and yet you are trying to get her, I thought you were better than this Shaurya Pratap. You said you love her and this is how you treat her, waging a war against her for a rapist and betraying her in the middle of the night like a coward. Is this what your father taught you? " I could hear Shaurya grinding his teeth in anger and my father was fierce too not backing away from him. After all he is my father and he does not know all the things that happened, I can see that is why shaurya is standing silent. My father slapped him suddenly " Shame on you Shaurya. " He took a step back clenching his fists controlling himself, my father was still holding his shirt at the neck waiting for a reply.

This triggered something in me " Take your hands off my husband, father " I shouted firmly standing beside shaurya.

" What ! " he exclaimed in shock.

" I said take your hands off my husband, father " I repeated holding shaurya's hand standing with him.

" You married him!!! " he was shocked and stepped back from us. He rubbed his temples in shock " I can't believe this. Do you have any idea what kind of mess you made? You were rivals fighting a war yesterday and today you are married! married! You can not wait for a month or so to cool off this mess and hatred created between our kingdoms. Oh my god ! I did not expect this impulsive decision making from you Divya. I always thought my daughter was perfect and she should be independent to make her decisions but at least I thought you would tell me before taking such a big step in life. Is this your decision or did he force you in anyway? " he roared giving an angry look at Shaurya.