27. AADYA

Divvu..

I adjusted to the life at the ashram. My day used to be very typical. Waking up everyday, helping gurudev, going to the lone caves and meditating from morning to evening. There were many sages in the ashram who meditated in the caves. Like the early bird gets the prey, the early person to reach the caves gets the most peaceful cave, not that they cared about who gets what but I habituated myself to going early.

Gurudev asked me to monitor the boys sword practice at times when any teacher was unavailable or sick. It was fun watching the kids learn trying to take down each other, amateur fighting. I watched over them sitting silently in a corner. One day One of them started a fight talking arrogantly to his opponent. Adi was sitting beside me as he wasn't prepared yet to practise with the others.

I had to go up, I broke the fight separating them. That boy, I remember his name was RAJ or something like that, he pushed me away "why should I listen to you? " rashly. "I am your teacher and you should listen to me." I yelled back.

"You are not a teacher, not for me. You may teach these puny kids knitting and stitching. You are just a wandering helpless princess looking for shelter. That's all. be in your limits. Stay out of my way." he yelled back at me recklessly. He was a 15 year old teenager, tall, athletic not so handsome and looked like a perfect bully.

Adi shouted at him "Don't speak to my sister like that." I signed Adi to be calm. He grabbed Adi by his collar shoving him against a tree and yelled "She is not your sister. You are just a filthy road scum whom she took in as an act of sympathy. Scum like you should never talk to a prince with disrespect and you better apologize before I beat you to pulp." Adi got frightened, came running to me, pushing him away and stood behind me. He continued " you wuss. Do you think your sissy can save you from my fist. " He came closer to punch him.

I stopped his fist with my right hand " Nobody bullies my brother" I said firmly. He said carelessly "I don't pick fights with pussies. So buzz off." I twisted his hand which I was still holding. He released his hand by pushing me and rubbed his wrist in pain. Looking around, he realized he should take a ground to regain his respect from his peers who were already trying to control their laughter.

I was taking Adi from there. He took his sword and came running at me. I ducked down to escape his frantic attack from sideways. I pushed adi to go away from there. Adi shouted "Didi, should I bring your sword?" I was escaping the attacks while I answered to Adi smiling"It would be like using brahmasthr (the ultimate weapon of destruction) to kill a tiny sparrow."

The boy got angry" how dare you call me a tiny sparrow! " He came at me with full strength madly trying to straight stab me on my right side. I bent backwards to my left escaping his sword. I caught his right hand which was holding the sword and punched him over the back of his right shoulder with my left hand making him shout in pain dropping the sword. I twisted his arm on to his back, it made the shoulder pain worst and he was begging me to release him.

"If I see you disrespecting anyone, bullying anyone or speaking low of anybody in this academy, I won't leave you until I break all your bones. Do you understand?" I stated strongly with an authoritative tone still not releasing my grip.

"yes" he nodded.

"I can't here you. What?" I shouted.

"yes ma'am. I'm sorry." he said almost crying holding back his tears. I let him go. I hadn't noticed gurudev was watching, he came and stood beside me "I hope you all kids learnt a good lesson of self defense. Prince Raj, thanks for volunteering. Class dismissed. Now, Go back to your dormitories, boys." he said calmly. I stood there looking down doubting myself if I did anything wrong.