17. LION'S DEN

Hey there I'm back with a new update..

I also slept thinking about what adi said about shaurya. I woke up early in the morning, went to that near by river, freshened up, came back and woke up adi. He also went to the river and freshened up. we both sat there in the tree house thinking what to do and where to go.

Both our stomachs started growling, we looked at each other holding our tummies. he said " I have an idea. why don't we go to that king, tell him that you saved his life. he will at least treat us as his guests and we get to eat whatever we want. what say?"

I rolled my eyes "adi, do you really think that we should meet that king? what is the need? and that to get some lunch. I think its a stupid idea. Besides we have enough money, we can buy some food. i'll give you money go and buy some food for both of us and we will leave this village after eating."

"Princess didi, we have money to buy but who will sell us anything, who will dare to open their merchandise during the time of the war. Look at the town, everyone is staying indoors, shutting their doors. It's better we go to that king. Don't worry, I will handle everything. I will apologize for what i did, I will also put in a good word for you to help make an alliance with him.."

I looked at him with narrowed eyes "Put in a good word..!!! what are you gonna tell him?" he replied "I will tell him my didi is head over heels for you, she already saved you and will take care of you rest of your life. Meet her once and you will definitely marry her forgetting about karthika.. hey, didi, dont worry, I got this."

I caught him tickling him all over "big words..huh!! you are not going near him and definitely not going to talk my marriage allaince with him. you better understand this young man or else you will be in so much trouble. got it?"

He nodded laughing "okay ..ok..leave me didi, i understand, no talking to the king. My lips are zipped. What about our roaring tummies?"I sat there thinking, he had a point, how can we get food. I was about to reply that I had no idea. he snapped his fingers at me" oyy, thinker didi, don't strain your brain thinking too much. Your brother is still here. I will get something for us."

He climbed down the tree hurriedly running into the forest. i tried to stop him " Adi, stop. Come back.. I will also come with you. At least tell me where you are going?" no..no.. he wouldn't listen to a single word I tell him, he just sprinted off ignoring me.

It's been an hour since he went, I was looking all around, there was no trace of adi. i stayed at the tree house in case he comes back and gets worried if I wasn't there. He came back carrying something. I helped him climb the tree. His clothes were dirty and his face had a wide smile. "Young man, you cannot just go away like that. Tell me where you are going before you leave or at least take me with you. okay?"

He nodded his head "point noted and underlined". He brought us some fruits, we ate them together. I told him to stay there and went to the village to get my belongings from the motel and get rustum. He warned me that the soldiers are marching all the village and told me to be careful. I assured him that I am capable enough to escape from those soldiers.

I went to the motel to get my belongings. those people were so scared that they wouldn't even let me in. I tried to convince them but they didn't listen to me. I threatened them showing my sword "I don't know if those soldiers harm you or not but if you don't let me in, I'm definitely sure that you will be in serious trouble." they opened the door and I went straight to the room I boarded the other day. I packed all my belongings.

I gave those people some money for the boarding and also for letting me in, they rejected first out of fear but I insisted them to take the money. They were cooking lunch. I requested them to cook for two more people and pack them for me. After the cooking is done, I paid them for the food and went my way in search of rustum, my horse.