37. Who is to blame?

Hey guys i am back with an update. I suggest you read war chapters of divya's pov or atleast the chapter the prisoner and the mysterious knight to get a context to this chapter. Happy reading

I saw Shaurya coming at me with his sword and I was gripping my sword tighter asking him don't do this shaurya, don't do this, he was closing in on me looking angrily into my eyes, his eyes were burning with rage and hands were covered in blood. I could feel sweat drops forming on my forehead, fear creeping into my bones.

He tapped me on my shoulder and I opened my eyes waking up from the nightmare. The sun was shining bright over our head and I touched my forehead feeling the sweat. It was mid day and our horse has slowed down coming to a halt.

Shaurya looked different from I first saw him, his hair grew long falling over his eyebrows, he looks hotter this way, I looked at him thinking how this handsome king is causing me nightmares. He got down the horse " Princess, Its midday, come on down, I will make something for us. "

He went to gather dry sticks and twigs for the fire. I got down the horse and rubbed my eyes, wow that was a very good nap except for that scary nightmare. It is true that he made me tremble back in the palace when he attacked and killed the pandyas, the sheer brutality of his acts was spine crunching to me, poor aadya, if it has affected me like this it must be more terrifying for her, traumatising much, here he is walking around lecturing me on how I should have treated my sister, hypocrite.

I walked the horse to the river, shaurya gave me a enquiring look. " I am taking the horse to the river, he must be thirsty, I will graze him around and we will be back soon. " he stared at me raising his eye brow like he was expecting me to say something else. " what.. oh your majesty " realising he was waiting for his pronoun. I said it in a sarcastic tone. I mean seriously, how could he act so weird. It hurts me every time he says the word princess, at least call me by my name, shaurya and what is up with this addressing with respect crap, I like your name shaurya and I have to correct myself in my mind every time I speak with you, that is just irritating and a little saddening.

The horse drank water from the river stream and grazed around eating the grass growing along the river bank. I walked the horse back where shaurya was, following the aroma of his cooking. I still cant understand how he is such a good cook and where he might have learnt cooking. I tied the horse to a tree a yard away from the fire. I sat beside shaurya. He handed me a hot bowl of food what seemed to be rice cooked with dal (red gram pulse) along with some vegetables giving out a fresh aroma of mint and coriander.

I took it closing my eyes smelling the aroma of food, my stomach growled loud like a response. " Eat if you are hungry I don't mind, the doctor said you haven't eaten properly for past few dates and that's why you fainted, I will go and fetch us some drinking water. You can carry on without me " he left with the leather water bags. I nodded keeping the bowl aside. I saw two other covered bowls of food beside the fire. I should wait for shaurya, that is a common courtesy, he did all this. I tried to stay away from the food but I was too hungry and kept looking at the bowl. I tried to think of something else to take my mind off food.