34. THE HELPLESS WARRIOR

SHAURYA - WAR

We left ashram and made our camp just outside that village. I was eager to get back to Kaling, Randhir said everything was going great for Kaling, crops were very fruitful and the new dam work is going really well etc. Randhir gave me letters one from one from GURUDEV that Divya reached ashram safely, other, an old letter sent from Kaling by one of the ministers saying that letter needed my reply, it was from the Pandyas asking one more time to marry their sister. I was frustrated would they ever give up on that, I told him to reply back that my marriage is fixed.

There was a tribe living in the deep forest between the ashram and the city of Kaling, Randhir brought to my attention that they were having drinking water problems and even had difficulty in irrigating their crops. I have decided to stay back and help them, I ordered 2 battalion of soldiers to come from Kaling to help us build a reservoir to harvest rain water. It was a hilly area filled with big rocks and stones. We broke those rocks and dug up the soil to make a big watering hole that would fill up during the rainy season and serve as a water source rest of the year.

I was fascinated by the tribal practises and observed them keenly everyday. Randhir and I would take axes and hammers and join the stone breaking everyday, our bond strengthened as days passed. I used my elephant DEVANSH to carry those heavy rocks and logs. We worked very hard, for weeks and finally OUR RESERVOIR WAS READY. It was big and could hold very large amount of water. The very next day it rained and filled up the reservoir.

All the tribal people were in tears thanking me, some went swimming and kids played with water, they celebrated a HOLI like festival with turmeric water

I stood on top of a mountain looking down at the lake we created. I was content, after a long time I felt like I was doing good and this felt like the purpose of my life to take care of MY PEOPLE. There is no superior calling than this.

I retired to bed early that night, my heart filled with satisfaction. I had a dream that night, more of like a flashback of me as a little boy, sneaking behind my mother, stealing some ladoos and running away, my father was chasing me all around the palace, finally caught me, lifted me up in the air, tickling me looking at me proudly as I giggled and laughed in joy. I woke up to the sound of a rooster, I smiled sitting up in bed thinking about the best memory of my childhood, DIVYA I CAN'T WAIT FOR US TO HAVE KIDS RUNNING AROUND FILLING OUR PALACE WITH THEIR LAUGHTER. May be if we had kids I will be as joyous as I was a kid. Just a hope.

We were getting ready to leave to Kaling, the army camp is packing their things. I was sitting in my hut discussing with the tribal leaders about how to take care of the reservoir and what crops and fruits would benefit most from the water.

A battalion of soldiers joined our camp, our minister came in and informed us that KING BHEESHMAGNA is requesting an audience with me. "Who is this king? Why is it urgent for him " Randhir asked before me.