32. THE PRISONER

I am nervous to put up this update.. hope you like it.. fingers crossed

DIVVU

I saw bright lights shining in the city, sensing something was wrong I ran to the city. Soldiers were running to the river bringing large vessels of water. I was stunned looking at the spreading fire in the city of Magadh. I ran inside to help in the rescue of people struck in their homes.

 I ran inside to help in the rescue of people struck in their homes

I was stopped by Rajendra when I just entered the city gates.

Rajendra stopped me "Where are you going? PRINCESS. That is not the direction you should be going. You should run to your lover, Shaurya before you deceive us for his love and lose anymore of my brothers." he stated angrily with a hatred in his tone.

I was shocked at his words "Rajendra, are you accusing me of siding with shaurya? How dare you to question my loyalty to Magadh?"

"Loyalty!! you are talking about loyalty. Where are you coming from? Where did you go when your kingdom is at war at this hour?"

I stood silently "It is none of your..."

""I know where you have been. Our spies reported to me where you went and what you did there.I knew you went to shaurya, my spies reported me that you went inside his tent. What a great couple you both are acting like fighting against each other outside. But in reality you give him a way to enter Magadh and set it on fire and he executes his fire plans only after making sure that you are out of here safe and secure." he clapped sarcastically "WHAT A COUPLE"

"Mind your words Rajendra. You think I am betraying magadh. I pity your thoughts. You failed your duty of protecting my sister, you failed in finding my sister in time, you failed to keep this kingdom together where as I AM THE ONE THAT FOUND MY SISTER, I TOOK CONTROL OF THE CITY AND TRYING TO BRING BACK STABILIY IN THE GOVERNANCE. I AM THE ONE LEADING THE WAR WHILE YOU WASTE TIME SPYING ON ME."

A soldier brought two chained prisoners to me, "Your highness, these are the people responsible for the fires."

They were the same men that brought shaurya's horse to me, shaurya's men. The soldier smacked their heads "Who sent you here.? tell the queen."

They bit on something in their mouths and died instantly. They must had poison capsules in their teeth said one of the soldier.

The officers of the army reported me that fire started in the grain stores and food supply of the army, most of the grain stores and food supplies of Magadh was burnt down.

Rajendra barked again "see.. see what your beloved Shaurya did.."

I was furious "Shut up your blabbering Rajendra. I understand you are upset and the whole army is feeling low with the things happened today. I am telling this to you and the whole army, enough is enough, tomorrow we are gonna win this war. I TAKE OATH INFRONT OF ALL OF YOU IN THE NAME OF THE GREAT GODDESS KHALI MAA THAT I AM GOING TO BRING THE ACCUSED KING SHAURYA FOR HIS WRONG DOINGS TODAY TO OUR COURT AS MAGADH'S PRISONER AND HE WILL BE HELD TRIAL FOR THE ATROCITIES HE DID. JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED. Lets pick ourselves up from this and get ready for tomorrow, trust me it is going to be the last day of war."