Chapter 7: A Battle of Heart

Izuku began walking towards the arena to fight Kirishima when All-Might approached him. "Young Midoriya I would just like to say you are proving to be impressive to many of the heroes watching and I would like to talk to you about something important after the sports festival." With that All-Might left and Midoriya began approaching the ring again.  When he enters he sees Kirishima ready to fight and the buzzer goes off and Kirishima charges Izuku immediately. Izuku activates his cloak and hood and begins draining everyone slightly to form the scythe and uses Shadow Step to dodge.  When he gets out he swings the scythe at Kirishima and hits his arm but it had no effect. Izuku shocked backs up and notices that the nerves are paralyzed but the hardened body created more nerves that reduces pain. Izuku then formed an idea, he sliced Kirishima across the chest to mimic his quirk. Izuku activated the quirk and hardened to match Kirishima and kept his hood and cloak active but dispersed the scythe. He charged Kirishima and punched him in the face and they both smiled as they traded punches neither hurting the other but Izuku could feel the drain that the quirk was having on his body and began using Shadow Step to dodge punches and hit Kirishima in random locations they both began tiring when Izuku felt the quirk stop working and he felt fatigued. Kirishima took the oppourtunity to hit Izuku in the face causing a large cut to open on Izuku's face. Izuku on his back and breathing heavily rhought about giving up when he heard a scream. "DEKU DON'T YOU EVEN THINK OF GIVING UP!" Unsurprisingly it came from Katsuki which made Izuku smile as he got to his feet and knew what he had to do. He began shining purple energy, this causing Kirishima to hesitate to hit him again. Izuku summoned the scythe again by draining people slightly more to activate it. He saw many people from the audience start to look fatigued and Kirishima blinking slowly with his eyelids looking heavy. Izuku walked to his opponent and began swinging fast enough that he managed to hit nerves that caused Kirishima to get a sudden burst of energy. "I thought it fair if I gained some energy you should too." Izuku then backed away and motioned for Kirishima to attack who did so. Izuku smiled as he slid between the boy's legs and kicked the back of his knee causing him to fall forward as Izuku then turned around and ran to Kirishima usig his back like a springboard to jump into the air while putting Kirishima to the ground. Izuku then used his scythe to hit the boy into a paralysis that he couldn't stand from. Kirishima then surrendered knowing he was defeated allowing Izuku to move to the next round.

The rest of the fights were pretty predictable with who would win. Todoroki beat Uraraka by using an ice field to prevent her from moving rendering her unable to continue. Bakugo beat Ashido fairly quickly by countering her hits with explosions, he looked bored during the fight.  Momo versus Tokoyami was a bit surprising as Tokoyoami went on the offensive from the beginning and Momo had made a shield, this caused Tokoyami to continue attacking overwhelming Momo with his offense until she inevitably got pushed out of the arena. Izuku knew that Todoroki would be a difficult fight as he would need to get close to fight him and Todoroki would be expecting this. Izuku then walked towards the arena for his match with Todoroki and once again a pro stopped him this time it was Endeavor. "Midoriya you might as well give up this fight Todoroki was made specifically for defeating All-Might and being the number 1 hero. You have no chance with your quirk." Izuku grimaced "How about a bet then? If I win you will personally give me a recommendation for the internships after the sports festival." Endeavor smiled. "You are a ballsy kid, but you have yourself a deal. Though if you lose you have to become a personal training dummy for Shouto." Izuku nodded as he left to the arena. His heart was pumping at the new circumstances that came up. Izuku arrived in the ring with Todoroki as the buzzer to begin went off. 

Todoroki began with an ice wall of unbelievable power Izuku dodged it with Shadow Step and appeared behind Todoroki and punch him in the back before Shadow Stepping away. When he reappeared he activated the cloak and hood of his reaper form and began absorbing energy for the scythe he knew he couldn't summon the scythe anymore today because he didn't want to take anymore energy from people in the arena. When he summoned it he went to Shadow Stepping behind Todoroki who froze him in place and punched Izuku in the face. Izuku tapped into the quirk he had mimicked from Kirishima and used the hardened skin to punch through the ice holding him to the ground and sliced at Todoroki who hadn't retreated. It hit him in the chest but Izuku hadn't noticed that Todoroki had seemingly prevented him from being paralyzed. Every nerve was frozen and Izuku panicked until he realized he now had Todoroki's quirk and could fight him with it. Izuku reached for the power he had just mimicked and felt strange he could feel more than the ice, there was a heat and Izuku reached for that. Suddenly Todoroki's eyes widened as half of Izuku's body was engulfed in flame. Izuku smiled "So Todoroki are we not good enough for you to use this part of your quirk? That doesn't seem nice you've been underestimating all of us." Izuku launched a fireball at Todoroki who tried to stop it with ice just to have it melt. Izuku's smile widened as he then summoned an ice pillar to launch himself into the air as he released multiple fireballs on his way higher into the air. Todoroki managed to dodge them all but was evidently worried at the fact that Izuku had his Reaper form along with his teleportation and the fire and ice. Todoroki stopped for a moment when Izuku landed. "So Todoroki are you going to use your fire or am I just going to have to end this fight now?" Todoroki got an angry look on his face as he released a wave of ice towards Izuku who used a fire wall to melt the ice. Izuku yelled "Todoroki I know your dad is a dick but it is your quirk not his. If you want to prove you can be the best you have to use your whole quirk or you have no chance against me." Todoroki seemingly understanding this activates the fire side of himself. Izuku smiles as he begins using fire and ice at the same time causing him to shine like a star, Todoroki did the same thing when the 2 attacks collided it caused an explosion that destroyed the arena. Izuku quickly thinking on how to win began to Shadow Step before the smoke cleared. When it cleared Todoroki was leaning agianst the wall on the outside but Izuku was standing on what little arena remained. Everyone was shocked by this fight with Izuku being announced as the winner and knowing now that Todoroki had a flame quirk. Bakugo unsurprisingly beat Tokoyami due to his weakness to light. The final match would be Katsuki versus Midoriya, both boys being exceptional and both being seen as possible villains but slowly changing the opinions against them.