Chapter 30: 2 Years Later

After losing his first tournament Izuku had decided he was no where close to where he felt he should be and began training while having his normal life. The efforts of his training had become apparent as he was now having a hard time losing to even those who could beat him before. 

(The one on the left is how I picture him looking)

Over the past two years Izuku had seen many students graduate after holding rank, none had made it as far as his group in the tournament since, Amestra, Scarlet, Alice and Stephen were all in the last year before graduating by holding rank but Izuku had heard the rules were being changed about graduating. It is a shame this would be happening the year after his friend/mentor Cain had graduated, Cain seemed to be doing good in the hero business he still rarely used his quirk which Izuku was glad that he had learned what it was before he had left. His quirk allowed him to create warpgates allowing instantaneous travel but the downside was he had to of been in that location before, he had countered this by using flash step at the beginning of matches to cover the area of the arena but he had covered the city he was stationed in a lot just too make sure he could get to the areas that need help quickly. Izuku had gotten the hang of the flash step technique before Cain had graduated, this gave Izuku a bit of time to practice the higher level aspects of it. Izuku had been working on those for just over a year and was making progress at this point he could flash step into the air about 4 steps. Izuku had also learned he could combine One For All with the flash stepping  technique allowing him to go even faster than the flash stepping technique alone, and farther. Amestra and Izuku had gotten closer to the point that people have begun spreading rumors of them dating multiple times just for one of them to date someone else shutting down the rumors. Alice and Izuku had dated for a short time but they decided to end it to maintain their friendship as they both thought that their relationship would end their friendship. Stephen had finally beaten Elly but she had still graduated due to her being at the school longer and maintaining rank. They had decided that this being their final year they would try to go to the tournament to see how well they could do this time. Izuku had become rank 2 behind Amestra and had only stayed there because he didn't want to have to defeat her though he knew at this point he could. 

That day Izuku was hanging out with Amestra, Alice, Scarlet and Stephen, they were all just talking about the upcoming tournament and when their qualifiers would be. "I heard that this year they won't be doing the battle royale we did and that only five students will be going to the tournament this year." Stephen said. Izuku smiled at the lovable idiot. "Bro, if that is how it is, it means it will be us five who will go. It is as simple as that, ever since Elly left you have gotten to rank four, Scarlet rank 3 and Alice has actually gotten some confidence and is rank 5. At this point if we aren't against each other in the qualifiers we will make it together." Later that day the principal announced that they would have one day to defeat the top 5 and the person who finshes off one of the top five will go to the tournament meaning the top five at the end of the day will go to the tournament. There was no rules if the top five wanted to run they could or they could just knock everyone out first. Izuku knew he would be able to knock out most of them pretty quickly. "Guys I want you guys to run I will knock out as many as possible right now and meet up with you guys were I lost my mind." Izuku said hinting at them to go to the nearby forest, the other understood what he meant and ran for the forest as Izuku started flashstepping around and landing blows to knock out many students they tried ganging up on him and Izuku activated his Reaper form and began slicing students while using flashstep allowing him to paralyze many students quickly and this instilled fear into many students as they ran away saying they gave up. When they had all been paralyzed he walked away and began heading to the forest. 

About ten minutes later Izuku showed up to the forest, Amestra ran and hugged him. "What? Didn't think I would be able to defeat them all, have a little faith Amestra." He put her down, and looked to the rest of the group. "So I only paralyzed them for the time being but it was kinda hard to do all that flashstepping  so I am kinda tired. So we need to make a plan on what to do for the rest of the day to make sure we are the ones who are going to go to the tournament." Amestra spoke up. "Well we could stay here as nobody knows this is where we would of gone. Or we could split up thus spreading out the students among the five of us." Alice spoke up. "I may have gotten better but that would be too many people for me, Izuku is already tired so who knows how long he could hold on, Stephen would wear out fast against a large horde of enemies due to the nature of his combat, and you would be limited as well." Izuku nodded and Amestra looked down. "I just hate that the best plan is to hide. I feel like that makes us look weaker." Izuku put a hand on her shoulder. "Just because we ran doesn't make us weak, it makes us aware of our limits and that we know when we are at a disadvantage. Don't beat yourself up, you are rank 1 for a reason." Izuku smiled at Amestra who kinda blushed at this. "Thanks Izuku, you seem to always know what to say." They smiled as they had decided to wait in the forest for the day to end. At the end of the day they had returned to find that they were early by about an hour and everyone was still waiting to defeat them. As soon as students charged Izuku smiled. "Looks like you get your wish to fight Amestra." They smile as they all begin to fight, during the hour the five of them all begin to get sluggish at the seemingly never ending wave of students trying to take their spot for the tournament. Izuku stops using flashstep and using his quirks as much, now fighting without he use of his quirks to try and save some energy he begins relying on countering the hits thrown as most students fell into a pattern when fighting, Amestra had gone to guns with rubber bullets as she had gotten tired of her melee weapons, Scarlet had stopped using her flames as she had become exhausted after excessive use of her flames. Stephen was the only one who had gotten a sudden burst of energy but they guess that was because he had let out Jack the Ripper. At the end of the hour they had managed to hold off everyone and kept their rankings as the students going to the tournament.