Chapter 5: A sight for sore eyes

(Y/N) POV

The exam results are finally out. Name, name, name, name, name, name I thought to myself as I scanned the holographic board showing the students who passed. We were only 50 in the class. So far it said only forty students have passed. I did saw Weiss having the top 1 spot.

(Y/N): "39. Grave" I PASSED!!!
I shouted and then raised my fists in the air. All the other students passing by got surprised by my outburst. I just awkwardly put my hands inside my pants' pocket then casually walked out while whistling. I made my way to the hangar, there I saw team RWBY hanging out in the living room near my workshop. Ruby was tinkering with something.

(Y/N): Hey don't touch that!
I dashed and swiped the prototype explosive dust frag grenade.
Ruby: Awww, pleaasseee?
(Y/N): No.
I put the prototype back on the desk and pushed Ruby to the living room. The rest of her team were just chit chatting.
(Y/N): Anyone want to explain why they're just casually talking IN MY PLACE?
I emphasized the last words to get my point across.
Weiss: We're here because...we can.
(Y/N): .....right....I owe you Ice queen. Well anyway when you leave I'm off the hook right?
Weiss: Hahahahaha, nope.
(Y/N): Wha- Why?!
Weiss: I told you "you are gonna owe me plenty".
I already lost this argument the momment I stepped in my own room....right. I just rubbed my face in defeat.
(Y/N): Just don't touch anything in my workshop. *looks at Ruby* especially you little red.
Ruby giggles and Weiss smirked.
(Y/N): Weiss....why are you smirking?
Weiss: Oh nothing!
She said and smiled.
(Y/N): Weiss...you're creeping me out. Is there something that I don't know?
Weiss: Oh nothing......(Y/N) (L/N).
My eyes went wide when Weiss mentioned my real name.
(Y/N): Wh-who's that? A friend of yours?
Weiss: Don't act dumb now dunce. Savage already told us what your real name is.
Then Savage spoke up from his side of the room.
Savage: I AM SORRY PILOT. MS. SCHNEE SAID THAT YOU WERE INDEBTED TO HER AND SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO KNOW YOUR REAL NAME.
(Y/N): *sigh* Well ain't that jolly.
I said sarcastically. I turned to Weiss.
(Y/N): So, is there anything you want to tell me?
Weiss: hhmmm, nope. Just one thing.
(Y/N): What would that be?
Weiss: Good job in passing the exam, you deserve it for studying hard.
Her voice has a tone of sincerity, kindness, and joyness. A full frontal assault then a sneak attack.
(Y/N): Thanks. And thank you....for teaching me.
Weiss just smiled warmly at me.
Yang: Ice Queen and (Y/N) sitting on a tree....
Yang and Ruby: K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
(Y/N): Haha very funny guys.
Weiss: Shut up dolts!
Ruby and Yang just laughed really hard as Weiss chased them around the room.
(Y/N): Don't go breaking anything!
I shouted as their chase escalated to Savage's room. I look back and saw Blake reading a book.
(Y/N): Hey Blake, wanna read something from my world?
I asked, Blake shot up from the book that she was reading and nodded at my question. I chuckled then went my way to get my e-pad. Mom always makes me read books when I was young.
(Y/N): Just tap the book you want to read.
I instructed as I hand my e-pad to her. She did as she was told and was now reading in amazement. I chuckle at the sight It's like a cat was just introduced to yarn.

I went to Savage's room to check on him, and the three girls. I saw Yang and Ruby whose bottom half were encased in ice. They were struggling to get free. Weiss just looks at them with amusement while sitting down a chair.
(Y/N): You know, it wouldn't be too hard to be nice to others sometimes.
Weiss: I am nice.
(Y/N): *chuckles* Sure you are...
Weiss: You still owe me.
(Y/N): Right, right. So what do you want me to do?
Weiss: As of now....I can't think of anything.
(Y/N): Well aren't I graciously safe.
Weiss giggles and I chuckle.
Weiss: For now, that is.
Yang: Come on Weiss, let us out already.
Ruby: I'm cold....
They said sadly. Weiss sighed and released them.
Weiss: Next time don't do that again.
Both sisters nods.

RuBy's stomach growled and we all stare at her.
Ruby: A growing girl needs to eat, right?
Me and Yang laughed while Weiss just facepalmed herself.
Yang: Come on, let's eat. I know a great place for noodles.
They left the room. Before leaving, Weiss looked back at me.
Weiss: You coming?
(Y/N): Just wait for me outside. I'll just change clothes.
Weiss: Sure thing.
They left the hangar and I changed into my pilot suit.
(Y/N): Savage, I'll be out. Anything you want?
Savage: I WANT YOU TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HUMOR, PILOT.
(Y/N): Harharhar, very funny.
Savage: I DETECT SARCASM.
(Y/N): I don't know where did you get that smartass attitude.
Savage: I GOT IT WHEN I WAS CONNECTED TO YOU THEOUGH NUERAL LINK. I GUESS YOU COULD SAY "LIKE PILOT LIKE TITAN".
(Y/N): Sure. Anyway see you later Savage.
I waved my hand at Savage and he did the same.