Seven.

"Tik Tok" - Kesha

"One more shot," Mom says.

I stand with my back to her, looking at the camera from over my shoulder. Modeling and acting has always been my dream, but Mom and Dad want to me to have a college degree to go with my dream, something to fall back on if things don't work out.

"Okay, okay, I'm done." I say. "It's so hot out here. I bet I'm getting sunburnt."

We head inside, and Harry is standing in front of the stove. He eyes me in my bikini but doesn't say a word, and I brush my hand over his tight ass as I pass by. During the three days that we've been back from the Caribbean, Harry and I haven't had any contact other than teasing touches, but every time we look at each other, I knew were both thinking about it. I change out of my bikini and get ready for dinner.

"I leave tomorrow at six a.m for the airport." Harry says halfway through dinner. Him and Mom and Dad discuss the travel details casually.

My mouth falls open in shock. Apparently everyone else knew about it, except for me?

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I'll be going to New York for a week or two. I've got invited to shadow one of my favorite movie directors, other than Dad obviously, on set." Harry explains. He seems excited, voice energetic and eyes wide, and not in the least bit bothered.

I should be excited for him also, as it's a great opportunity. I find myself somewhat annoyed, and let down. When he's away there won't be any of him sneaking into my bedroom, or any of his intoxicating kisses. It's strange how only weeks ago I was completely grossed out by my attraction towards his body, but now I find his touch addictive. The guilt and disgust only hang on to the very edges of my conscience, and that alone scares me.

"Wow. That's awesome." I say, giving a smile that probably looks fake.

~
A week later, my body is starving for Harry's touch, or any guy's touch, I guess. I pull on my sleeveless black halter top dress and my favorite bow tie pumps, getting ready for Jade's birthday party. She had told me that her party is going to be a small get together with close friends and great food and wine, but I know her better than anyone. I prepare for a huge night with a lot of people and a lot of alcohol.

When I arrive a half hour later, there are vehicles parked all the way down the street and in the extended drive way. I make my way back towards the pool and cabana, searching for my best friend. Soon enough, I find her perched on a stool next to the poolside minibar.

"Stell bell!" Jade shouts when she spots me. She gets up and bounces over to me, wrapping me in a hug. "You made it!"

"I wouldn't miss your twenty first for nothing, babe." I shout over the pounding music. "Happy birthday!"

We make small talk as I follow her over to the minibar. There's so many people here that I've never seen before, and I laugh at Jade's definition of a small get together with close friends. I have a glass of wine before heading over to the table filled with food. I'm halfway there when I knock right into someone.

"I'm sorry." I mutter.

"No worries, babe." A male voice says.

I look up into clear blue eyes and blush. He grasps my shoulders and moves around me, leaving me in a haze.

I fill my plate with delicious Mexican food, and return to Jade who now sits at the round wooden table inside the cabana. Kaylee and Miranda, her friends from college who I've met a few times, along with a slew of people who I don't know surround her. I sit across from her and join the conversations. A glass of wine, two tacos, and a lot of laughs later, the blue eyed hottie from before joins us, and sits right next to me.

"Cruz," Jade says, looking at him, "This is my bestie, Stella. She just broke up with an asshole named Wyatt. She needs someone to show her a good time."

"Jade!" I shout, wide eyed. Everyone at the table laughs.

Cruz looks at me then, giving a playful smile. Maybe Jade is right, even though Wyatt isn't my problem. Harry is my real problem, and maybe Cruz could be the one to help me get my head on straight. If I meet someone I really like, it could get Harry off my mind.

"Can I get you a drink?" Cruz asks.

"Okay, okay, but I'm not looking for a rebound." I say.

We head over to the minibar, and Cruz orders us drinks: me a peach sangria and him some kind of whiskey on the rocks. We make small talk at first, but before I know it, my drink is gone, and I'm blabbering on about how I love modeling and acting. I find out that he is majoring in photography, and already has an internship with a huge company here in Los Angeles. He says he would like me to model for him sometime, just for some photography practice.

Cruz orders me another drink, and we move to the small sofa that sets on the patio around the pool. I watch the people around us, some are dancing, others are swimming, and a few are passed out on the lawn. I watch the full moon reflecting onto the water in the pool and the gleam of the stars. Jade picked a perfect night for her party.

Cruz brushes his hand over my jaw and guides my face towards his. I find my eyes staring straight into the glassy blue of his. Ever so slowly, he brings his mouth to mine, and we kiss under the moonlight. Instead of focusing on our chemistry, I focus on how his soft, gentle kiss feels different than Harry's.

I gaze at him silently when he pulls back and smile. He checks the time on his phone and grimaces, before reaching out for my hand. I entwine my fingers with his, and the whole gesture feels so intimate.

"Listen, babe, I've got to get out of here. I have an early morning shoot at the studio tomorrow. Can I get your number so we can go out for dinner sometime?"

I agree, and we exchange numbers and another kiss before he leaves. I find myself smiling like an idiot as he walks away. He's really sweet, I think to myself. Soon after, my phone vibrates and it's a text from Harry.

"Your body is mine when I get back to L.A 😏"

((Thank you sooooo much for reading and for all the votes and comments. It means a lot to me. So, if you liked this chapter and want the next one, please vote))