Thirty One.

"Spaces" - One Direction

Harry:

Ever since Stella started filming her movie a month ago, she seems to not have time for me anymore. I'm busy with my career also, but I would make time anytime for her if she would agree.

"Going on vacation or something?" I ask when I walk inside my house. There's suitcases scattered across the floor, and Stella is carrying an arm full of clothes and a jewelry box down the stairs.

I watch as she struggles with them, the weight almost causing her to fall. It's been almost three weeks since we've even touched each other, and I'm starting to get antsy. Her walking around in tiny booty shorts that fit her like another layer of skin doesn't help.

She hesitates. "I'm moving into my own apartment."

I stare at her wide eyed. I knew she wasn't going to stay here with me forever but I didn't expect her to move out so soon. So many questions popped into my head all at once. Was there a particular reason she was leaving? Was she dating someone? Hooking up with someone else? I know all of those things shouldn't matter and I know I'm being selfish, but I still want her for myself.

"So soon?"

"Harry, you and I both know that we can't live together forever. I was thinking that it's about time for me to have my own place. Besides, with all of the filming I'm doing for the movie and with you being on set for yours as director, we never get to see each other anyways. It won't be much different."

"Are you still going to let me fück you?" I ask. It's much more than that. Is she still going to let me love her? Will she try to make time for me?

She sucks in a deep breath, and I smirk. I still love how she reacts to me. It's so complimenting, definitely boosts my ego. The expression fades from my face as I watch her, though. There's something else going on behind those pretty brown eyes of hers, and she doesn't answer as quick as I had hoped she would.

"Harry,"

"We agreed to be sexually exclusive, remember? Has that changed."

"We're adopted siblings, by law." She fills her suitcases with her unfolded clothes as she talks.

I hate when she brings that topic up. I know it's true, but I try my best not to think about it. It's been easier since leaving from L.A, but the thoughts still pop up sometimes. I know Stella, being my adopted sister, is the last girl I should be involved with the way I am, but it was something that couldn't be helped.

I knew I had to have her from the first time I seen her after six years at my welcome home party. She looked sexy as hell in her dress, and her petite body just called out to me. The chemistry between us was hotter than lightning and undeniable. Things would have happened eventually, even if I didn't act on it by kissing her that same night. She loved it just as much as I had.

"I'm fully aware of that."

"We'll get together when we can, if we can." She says.

"And what's that supposed to mean? We both know we can never manage to stay away from each other."

"I think we should break the deal on being exclusive. I think we should see what's out there for the both of us. And if things don't work out, we still have each other." She explains.

There's someone she's interested in; I can tell by the way she's acting and speaking. She's a beautiful, sexy, kind, talented girl and I don't blame any man for wanting her. A sharp claw of jealousy scratches up my insides the more I think of her being with someone else.

"If that's what you want." I say with a shrug. "Need any help moving your things? My rover can fit more than your car can."

The rest of the day is spent helping Stella pack her things and getting them all to her new apartment. It bugs me that she waited until the day of to tell me that she was leaving. Maybe she was afraid of what my reaction would be. Maybe she was having second thoughts.

"Is there someone else?" I finally ask when I'm about to go home for the last time. I can't stand it any longer, and I won't be able to sleep if I don't ask her.

"I like someone, yeah."

"I love you." I blurt out like an idiot.

"I love you, too. I think our summer fling has finally fizzled out." She chews on her lip. "It was much more than that, but for now... "

"For now it's over," I finish.

"Thanks for helping me today. Thanks for everything..." There's a finality in her voice and a hint of sadness.

I walk across the room to her and pull her into my arms, crushing her against my chest. "Goodbye for now, little sister."

((Thanks for reading, as always. I know everyone's going to be mad about this chapter, but there's still more to the story. A lot can happen in the six chapters that are left.... so please ❣️vote ❣️ if you liked this book so far and if you want Stella and Harry to be together.))