Thirty Seven (The End)

Joe and Demi had beaming smiles on their faces as they entered the maternity part of the hospital heading to a familiar place. Where Tahlia and Tyler had been staying for the past six weeks or so. It had been closer to two months since they were born but they were finally allowed home. They were big enough and strong enough to now leave the care of the nurses and be cared by the people that should care for them. Their parents. It was a big day for the whole family.

"Good, you're here. They are both eager to go home with you." Shelby grinned and they smiled.

"Of course they are, they know how spoilt they are going to be." Joe replied as they made their way over their smiles on widening as their eyes landed on their girls for the first time that day. They were a lot bigger now but they were still tiny, smaller than some newborn babies. It was just a relief for them to see their two girls laid together.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/01/12/2A23144300000578-3145798-image-a-40_1435750855010.jpg

"We've brought some clothes for them but I think they're still gonna drown them." Demi giggled.

"We'll take them out someday and get some clothes that we know will fit them." Joe assured her.

"I think that's the best way to do it." Shelby agreed and she helped them begin to get the two girls dressed so they were ready to go home. It was quite warm outside so they didn't need to be wrapped up warm but it was the first time that they would be leaving the hospital. It was a big moment for the four of them and although they loved their families. They were glad it was just the four of them heading home all together.

_________________

Joe wandered into the house carrying Tyler's car seat as Demi had hold of Tahlia's. She made sure the car was locked before following Joe. It was still where she lived. She had gone to court, removed her parents as her guardians, it stopped her parents able to charge Joe with anything and it also meant Demi was free. She didn't see them now and although she missed them, she was so happy here with Joe, his parents and Nick. It was their choice not to be in her life anymore and that meant they weren't in their granddaughters lives anymore too.

"This will be your home for now princesses." Joe announced as they came through the door. They had plans to move out once Joe wasn't an intern anymore and was earning a proper wage but for now Denise and Paul were happy to have them all around. They'd see their granddaughters everyday. It was a win-win situation for them. They entered the room not surprised when everyone was gathered there, even Kevin and Dani were there with Alena.

"Here they are." Denise grinned and Joe and Demi set the car seats down on the coffee table getting Tahlia and Tyler out. They were both awake ready for cuddles. It didn't take long for everyone to start having some cuddles with the new additions. Even though they were two months old. It was the first time anyone had held them besides Joe and Demi.

"They are still like half the size Alena was when she was born." Dani cooed.

"It's just good to have them home." Paul admitted.

"And to think we thought Nick was their daddy all this time." Denise stated and they all laughed.

"Kind of relieved actually," Nick stated and they laughed again. "I'm fine just being uncle, I can pass them back to Joe when they do a proper stinky poop." Joe shook his head as they laughed as a family but he smiled when Demi kissed his cheek.

"You love him really." She spoke and he chuckled.

"I love you more." He replied pecking her lips and she smiled.

"Good cuz I love you too." She replied leaning her head on his chest."

Tahlia and Tyler soon thrived growing up in the already big household but they were so loved. Demi and Nick finished their exams both graduating together Tahlia and Tyler there to cheer them on. Joe continued his internship within the tattoo shop and completed his qualification there. He did Demi's first tattoo, their daughters names and date of birth, it didn't take Joe long to get the matching tattoo. They were married three years later, Tahlia and Tyler being their flower girls. They are now expecting another daughter, a baby sister for their twins. Their love was forbidden but that never stopped them.