Chapter Six

Here you go. A little rushed so forgive any mistakes.

Mason POV

“So I guess I'll go back to acting because I'm such an amazing actor but the world is losing an amazing singer in me” Ren was saying. Maybe I let her have too much wine

Or maybe she's just a dumb bimbo like the other ones you like to sleep with, Derrick mumbled, half asleep, not wanting to stay conscious through what usually happens after one of my dates.

“I really wanted to be a singer. I mean, they have it so easy! Plus, I'm a great dancer. It just makes sense to be a singer. But they were firm on having a certain quality to their singers and I didn't meet their requirements” (Severely edited her talking. Imagine her ten times dumber, a level of which a genius like me could never reach *Faux haughty look*)

Like having a brain?,Derrick muttered again

Shut up! She's a good chick, okay? We could do a lot worst, I said

But we could do a lot better, he said.

“And I could not imagine working with her! She was such a brainless bitch! Can you even imagine that they wanted me to be friendly to her? Ugh” she was saying. I couldn't help but compare her to Lottie. Lottie wouldn't ever bore her date half to death. She'd charm him effortlessly.

“Yeah, no that uh, that sucks” I said, not even paying attention anymore. Ren was pretty, sure, but she didn't hold a candle to Lottie. Where Lottie had dark, stark contrast to her looks, Ren was almost plain. She had dyed blond hair and brown eyes but she had a nice body and, hey, I wasn't looking for a life partner here. I wanted a one night stand with a human. That's all.

“I know! I mean how can you even stand a person like that?”

“I don't know” I muttered, eating the last of my dessert. The real question was how I managed not to kill myself of boredom on this date.

“The check please” I caught the waiter as he went by, not wanting to listen to Ren any more.

“Of course, sir” he said in that snotty voice all french waiters had. Ren finished her meal in a hurry, anticipation hurrying her up

We left the restaurant.

Charlotte POV

I can not believe Mason is sleeping with some slut, Priscilla said angrily

I know!, I said back

He couldn't just spend more time with us, his best friends! No, he has to go out and sleep with random chicks he doesn't even care about, she said, still ranting

What if he grows to care for one of them?, I said

Parish the thought!,she said, pacing

Seriously. What if he falls in love and never has time for us anymore and just stops being friends with us because his girlfriend doesn't like us?, I said, panicking

Talking about this is only making you upset. Let's read or something, she suggested

Romance or horror?, I asked, going over to my bookshelf to pick something out

Romance, she answered. She was such a sucker for romance novels, wanting a perfect guy like the ones in the books.

Romance it is, I said, picking out Demon Song. I got it from the library yesterday and couldn't wait to finish it.

*****

It was around midnight when I heard someone open the door downstairs. I was still reading, both Priscilla and I entirely enthralled by the book, and I quickly grabbed the bat I kept by the bed. I crept downstairs quietly, not making a sound to alert the intruder of my presence. My heart was beating so loud and fast, the intruder might be able to hear it and know we were there anyway.