Chapter Eleven

**Dirty Content! (don't ask me why)**

“So you're in trouble” he said casually, matching my pace. My teeth ground together.

“It seems so” I said, trying to keep my tone calm.

“I am in a position to help” he said, giving me a brilliant smile. I stopped cold in my tracks.

“Why didn't you mention it at the meeting?” I asked. He shrugged and leaned on a nearby building.

“I'm not going to give you help for free” he said. I snorted and kept walking, pushing past him.

“Right. What do I have to do, huh? Sleep with you?” I said, giving the reason I thought most likely.

“Don't flatter yourself” he said, walking by me again. I knew what I looked like but I didn't like it thrown in my face.

“What do you want?” I said softly, tears right on the surface. My ego just took a huge hit. I didn't need to be reminded that I was so unappealing that not even my own mate found me attractive. Dean watched me with curious eyes.

“I was going to take this slow but I'm thinking a direct approach would be best” he said, walking in front of me so I couldn't take another step. My eyes narrowed.

“A direct approach on what?” I asked, not really wanting to know the answer. He took his hand and gently ran it on my cheek, walking closer to me so that our bodies almost touched.

“Go out with me” he murmured. I opened my mouth to say no but before I could get the single word out, he stopped the one word with a kiss. My eyes went as wide as plates and you know what? Even though this guy was an amazing kisser and I was in a bad place with self esteem and all that, I intended to push him off and punch him for good measure. He had no right to treat me like this. Like he cared. Like he could possibly, actually grow to love me. My whole body and soul was starved for love, for affection. He raised his head before I could injure him and he took a couple steps back to avoid my right hook.

“Sorry, I've been wanting to do that all day” he grinned at me and ran a hand through his hair. I shot him a poisonous look and pushed past him. He easily caught up.

“What do you say, huh? One date and I'll help you out with your pack” he said, walking with me until we got to my driveway. I bit my lip, unsure.

“I don't know” I said, looking up at my house where Mason was waiting.

“You know that George won't be able to find another available space anywhere around here” he said.

“I can help you and your pack get back on your feet” he said. I sighed, thinking about all those people who depended on me to make it all okay. To take every problem, every worry out of their hands.

Just do it and get it over with. Maybe he can actually help, Cris said. She didn't sound all that happy at going out with the cocky Alpha.

“Fine” I said, defeated. He shot me a brilliant smile.

“Great. I'll pick you up at seven tomorrow” he said, finally leaving my side. I quickly walked up the driveway, craving Mason's comfort. I was about to pimp myself out for supposed 'help' that might not even solve this problem. I sighed again and went in, hearing someone in the kitchen and the TV on the news channel.

“Mason, I'm home!” I shouted, putting my shoes by the door. I walked in the kitchen and almost had a heart attack. There in my kitchen was a blushing Gina with quite a few buttons on her blouse undone. More than when she was at the meeting. She gave me a bright smile, looking happier than I've seen her.