Chapter Twenty

I resolved to do some actual work the next day. At least, that's what I told myself when I struggled to get out of the men-sandwich I was in.

As much as I tried, it seemed that the only way to free myself was to wake them up and I didn't want to. They were adorable when they were asleep. Dean snored like a bear but it was easy to deal with when you looked at his sleeping face.

His hazel eyes were closed but it only made his eyelashes stand out more. His mouth was relaxed and pouty in sleep and I resisted the urge to kiss him. Face relaxed and warm, it made him all the more cuddly.

I had always known that Mason clung like crazy to me while asleep but this was insane. His grip was so tight, I barely had room enough to wiggle.

I had no choice.

I screamed at the top of my lungs, thrashing around madly. They both snapped up, looking around for any possible danger before they assessed me.

Wow, the caring was so evident here.

“What's wrong?” Dean mumbled sleepily, falling back on the bed when he saw no danger. I scowled, newly trapped once again.

“I need to get up. Let me go” I wiggled against his grip. Mason got up and went to the bathroom. I heard the shower go on.

“I'll consider it” he yawned, snuggling with my damn pillow.

“No. Let me go right now” I tried to smack him, figuring that it was a good bet as any to have him let me go but he had amazing reflects and snatched my hand right out of the air. He gave it a tender kiss and let me go.

“If you're willing to hit me to get free, I guess I have no choice. God knows what you'll do when I'm finally asleep” he mumbled, turning and falling back asleep. I scowled again. I hated that he was such a late riser.

I always got up early and I didn't like it when people just wasted their precious time in bed.

“Lazy ass” I muttered on my way to the kitchen. I woke up near starving.

“I'll be waiting for breakfast downstairs” I called to Mason through the closed bathroom door.

“You'll be waiting awhile” he called back. I smiled and went on my merry way.

I needed to do stuff today. The pressure on my shoulders nearly incapacitated me and I needed to get rid of it.

So I went to where I knew a stack of papers would await me. I used my mom's home office as my own so all the research I had done for a new property was there. I had to go back to the drawing board. I hadn't found anything in the lands that I had already looked through.

Thirty minutes into it and I wanted to kill myself. All the properties that we could actually move to were way out of our price range and the ones that we could afford were too small. There wasn't any way to win here.

I felt like crying.

That's not going to solve anything, Cris was right there with me.

I know but I want to anyway. I think I need a good cry, I told her.

We'll figure it out. Don't worry. Right now, I guess you can have your cry, she sighed, a little disappointed. I felt that disappointment down to my very bones.

I hated when she was disappointed in me.

But I still wanted to cry.

So I did.

Mason's POV

I hummed along to a song by the Rolling Stones. I felt really good. I slept with my mate last night and now I was making breakfast for her.