False Smiles

Los Santos. The capital of overdone TV programs, reality shows and artificial body parts, or at least that's what they advertise. To get a house in Vinewood, you had to work your ass off to get a house, but working hard could be also be putting up with a self absorbed husband by the name of Devin Weston, she had taken half his money, she saw that fitting since he was the kind of person money changes and the more money he got, the more their marriage fell apart. All that taken but not without his protests and complaints. He had the beach house, the rest of the money and the properties, so she didn't see how that was a problem unlike him. With the divorce done, she could go on with her life and decided not to tell her parents with all this as she didn't want to bother them but deep inside, she didn't want to bother herself with the "I told you so's". She knew she shouldn't of married as soon as she got to LS but people do stupid things for love. At least that's what she thought, being alone in the house now with her thoughts didn't suffocate her. Normally it offered comfort that she could try again, if she would. After this bitter taste that the divorce had left in her mouth, she'd just reorganize her priorities and find other hobbies that people around LS did. In that moment, she knew she was lying, even now years later.

Now she had purchased a house in Downtown Vinewood, she had stayed there for a fairly long time after it was all over while her ex went here and there, making a name for himself and his businesses. A typical billionaire. A knock was heard as Laura looked at the time, it was nine am and she knew very well to avoid the door at this time. She slouched in her couch hoping it would work this time. Before she could do anything, the door swung open, a blonde woman barged in like this was some any common supermarket and she was short on chips during a chick flick.

"Laura!" The woman yelled and Laura just hoped the ground would swallow her and spit her out somewhere else.

"Laura!" The woman yelled again "I found your key! Are you sure you're hiding it well because it was under the rug last time and now it's over the fucking door frame!"

She walked around to the coach and looked at the woman, bearing a look of laziness on her face. She couldn't care about where her key was at the moment. She'd change it later. People like Mary Ann encouraged her to change her life for the better.

"Laura" the woman tried again.

She was a muscular woman with well defined muscles and in sportswear with a loud voice and a terrifying face that constantly reminded Leia to to not use Eyefind for private services.

"Ugh.. Mary Ann. I'm not in the mood. My legs are still sore from all that cycling you made me do" Laura said with a deep sigh. She was still in her pyjamas without a motive to get up.

Unfortunately the other woman was desperate for competition. She also had the habit of assuming everyone wanted to work their ass out. The bad luck was surely following, Laura thought.

"This week we shall be running in Vespucci Beach so stop complaining, get up and put something better than this on"

Laura huffed, giving up. She knew if she didn't get up, she'd still hear the shrieks of Mary Ann all the way to the afternoon. And when she's done with the afternoon, she'd complain all the way til midnight. With no other choice Laura had gotten up and put on something that Mary Ann would consider athletic to get this over with. Pleased, Mary Ann had offered Laura the silence she needed today.

Laura followed the other woman through the runner's path, she lacked the spirits of Mary Ann but she knew she had to keep up but her legs begged her to go slower, despite it all lately she has been abandoning her fitness program for pizza with extra cheese and fried chicken from the Cluckin' Bell. While thinking of food, she ran whilst dreaming of Up-N-Atom burgers, it was a restaurant mostly near gas stations where she had been spending most of her time, avoiding Mary Ann. The other time, she seriously thought of moving.

"Laura! Keep up! You're running behind!"

"I'm sorry! I'm coming!"

Laura always thought their relationship was mostly built on self hatred and along with extra hatred for each other cleverly hidden by minimum talking and the sharing of one break. She felt Mary Ann had no one but an unexplained spared hatred for men, Laura thought that was pleasant, even though she never shared her hatred for the opposite sex. But only for her ex husband. Laura always felt disgusted when remembering him, how she married such a person, but in the midst of her thoughts, reality had to drag her back by crashing into a basket on the sand and fell on her face in the sand.

"Jesus, woman, keep your eyes open!"

Complained a man who was obviously upset by the sand invading his sandwiches. Laura got up and dusted herself from the sand then looked back at the man with a slight frown in her eyebrows.

"I am so sorry, I didn't see it. I'm sorry" she offered apologetically, unintentionally repeating herself.

The man dusted himself in annoyance. She was sure he was pissed because the sand got in his ginger hair. The man looked on the verge of getting a sunburn instead of a tan. She decided to run off before the man could shout insults.

"Wow, you're really out of shape" Mary Ann said pleasantly as she kept jogging in place after Laura had caught up with her.

"Well, that's why there's all different kinds of shapes" she replied, breathing heavily.

Laura wondered what caused her constant enthusiasm towards working out while she herself was on the verge of just dying on the spot. She was more pleased with her body more than Mary Ann who constantly complained that she was fat, Laura had made up her mind to just go on with what she says to avoid her loud shrieks.

Mary Ann finally bid her farewell and reminded her to barely eat like always and workout. Laura dismissed that and decided to have that burger she dreamed of while running, it seemed as if the fattening food was the only thing that cheered up her body temporarily. Along with the cold huge plastic cup with ECola, she could finally relax and prepare to go home for the night to have a drink with herself. As she washed down the huge bite of the burger with Cola, she broke her promise while searching for other personal trainers on Eyefind because she knew that her alone wouldn't have the motivation. Fabian, a yoga trainer caught her eye, before she pressed the link, a call screen took over the phone. She put down the burger and straightened up as if the other person could see her.

"Mom" she said.

"Laura. Is everything okay? You're transferring a lot of money again. Is Mr Weston okay with it?" Her mother said with a little worry in it.

"Yeah, I told you he's okay with all this. Stop worrying please, you see he's been doing good in his job. And please just call him Devin. It's not like he's royalty or something" she said and sipped some of her coke while rolling her eyes.

"What's with the attitude?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired"

"Is he around?"

"He's gonna be home late tonight" I sighed.

"It's okay, honey. You know how these rich folk are"

"I do know"

With that, she said goodbye and hung up. She had got a lot of money out of the divorce and she was not the person for having this amount in her bank account but things change in LS. Even transferring half of it along the years to her mother had left a huge amount of money which she kept for emergencies. She quickly returned to her food before it grew cold and pushed any thought of Mary Ann and Devin out of her head as she practically shoved her face into her huge burger.

~~~~~~~~'
Thank you for starting to read this fanfic. It's gonna get heated and maybe even a little too heated. MAYBE. For all of you that know of Michael, you'd know some details. For the ones that don't. You'll find out eventually. I hope you like this story as I have attempted to write a casual one for a great game.