All Good Things...

"What did you say?"

Laura said, trying to assume the fact that maybe she heard wrong. 

"He's married. He's been lying to you and I apologise"

Trevor said calmly, keeping a distance from her as if she would run away or something if he took a step forward.

"I'm not like Michael. He's fine with disrespecting you like that but I'm not. I felt the need that you need to know what's really going on. No woman should be disrespected like that. Now, I'm here to set all the lies that Michael has told straight. No more lies. No more lying snakes"

Trevor continued to say, explaining every aspect of the situation but Laura didn't hear him. She was focusing on the sound of her insides breaking apart. She swore she wouldn't let herself feel like this again but she broke her own promise. 

"I'll let myself out. I don't like to be the bearer of bad news but I guess this is how things are but don't worry, that weasel won't be lying to people again"

Laura felt her lower lip trembling and avoided the man's frightening eyes. Tears streamed down her face, thinking about she was stupid to believe him.

"Oh.. Oh, don't cry, c'mon.. Come here"

Trevor stepped closer and pulled her to his chest, Laura's mind was too fogged to even care about who was embracing her at the moment, she broke down against his chest and didn't even care how he smelt like.

"I know how it feels to be lied to"

"Me too. But I thought I was over that chapter in my life. I thought I was over the liars"

***

A few days have passed and Laura had spend them getting rid of Michael's stuff in her house but it was too hard because everything smelled like him. But regardless of that, she took it all. Even her bedsheets. Laura stuffed them all into the barbecue grill and poured some gasoline on them. She lit a match and looked down at the stuff as if part of her didn't want them reduced to ashes but her rage pulled the strings on her hands, letting her drop the match on the gasoline drenched items and watched it catch on fire. It burned furiously, devouring everything with an insatiable hunger for destruction. 

That was it, as those things would be no more, she hoped for her feelings to be that simple. For it just to go but it was hard, her heart ached with every breath. How could the person that saved her from everything destroy her so badly that she knew she couldn't pick herself after it again. She was too broken and that she knew of very well. Him not calling or texting made this easier. A whole lot easier. Laura moved to the balcony to look at the view she once considered to be amazing but now it was just a view. Just buildings under a sky. Nothing.

****

Michael was happy he was alive after the entire shitshow he had to go through, Franklin had dropped him off at home where he could freshen up and think straight. He walked into the kitchen after a well deserved shower and poured himself a glass of whiskey. That was what he needed, some strong sense of reality kicking in and maybe some good ole Los Santos fast food. He had to go claim his car from the airport parking and would pass some drive through after he had done that.

He got into his car and drove to a Burger Shot that was close by and stopped by the window to make his order. It was nice to get some real food after that horrible experience as he couldn't wait and ate his meal in the restaurant parking lot while checking his messages. Nothing important but a few messages from Franklin and Jimmy, he scrolled down and saw he had no messages from Laura. He wondered if his phone stopped working at some point that it didn't receive any new messages. Michael pressed the call button and put the phone to his ear, feeling that he should talk to her instead texting after disappearing for such a long time.