Don't Let Go

Getting out of the Bean Machine and into the unknown felt strange, but exciting. Michael had walked here so they took Laura's car, she turned the Radio to Mirror Park but Michael protested at first because he thought it was Non-Stop Pop.

"Jeez, you're really screwed up with this laying low shit"

"I'm not. I'm just too used to that, my daughter plays that shit all day"

"You don't have to worry, I don't listen to it that much"

"Great"

He leaned back in his seat and took out a cigarette, Laura gave him a look that he understood and made him put away his cigarette.

"Goddammit.. you're one of those human no smoking signs"

"Hey, you should thank me, I'm saving your life"

"Sure you are. Where are we going?"

She said as she sped in the freeway past the slower cars.

"You do need to lay low but have fun"

"So you're what? Taking the Del Perro freeway to Blaine County? We're gonna hang around some trailer park?"

"You wanted crazy and haven't been done before. I give you that and you complain. There's lots of opportunities up North"

"Yeah, and lots of bikers on meth. Just take the next exit and let's go catch a movie"

"Aye aye" she smiled and took the next exit, driving into Morningwood, she parked the car near the Tivoli Cinema. It wasn't crowded so she assumed the movie started. It was a decent looking movie theatre with steps leading to the lower platform. She looked at Michael and he was already out. She followed and he leaned against the ticket window, a woman was there, chewing loudly on him, raising her eyebrow at him.

"What's playing?" He asked the woman.

"The Loneliest Robot"

"The what?"

"It's been on social media and even on Weazel News. Do you live on Mars, geezer? I don't think you'll enjoy it, it's for the youths"

"Hey, how about you cut the attitude before I-"

"We'll see it. Two tickets please" Laura said and grabbed his arm, trying him down.

"Here you go"

"Thanks, and how about next time you respect the customers, you insolent cow"

The woman seemed surprised and dissatisfied as her mouth stopped moving noisily.

"See? Nobody likes a bitch" Laura shrugged and walked inside, Michael shortly followed.

"That was great" he said.

"That was nothing she didn't have coming, besides, you're no geezer" she said and bought popcorn for both of them, he offered her a smile.

"Are we really seeing this movie?"

"Well, what are we losing? Come. If we don't like it, we'll just get out"

Laura smiled and grabbed his arm, pulling him inside the cinema. She sat near the back row and Michael sat next to her. The movie was about a robot who was lonely, obviously. It just depicts his struggle of being lonely and everyone harassing him.

"Wow, that is an ass" Michael said, eating some popcorn.

"What is he even doing?"

"Cleaning out the backyard?"