The Associates.

He put his phone away as he just looked at the bridge in front of him. He had just ascended from the Los Santos river after running a quick errand with a man he had thought was dead. Trevor was alive and well and now knew he survived the horrors of North Yankton. He was surprised they both survived it but this wasn't a festive reunion, Michael wanted nothing to do with Trevor and now was too late to say so. Dave said he needed him in the Observatory, he was surely going to say something about the robbery. Michael huffed and walked along the bridge and thought of Laura, he managed to keep himself from smiling, she ignited something in him and he wanted to keep that flame burning. He thought about the plans he wanted to do but couldn't at the moment because the delay would only make Dave call again.

Agent Dave Norton had been only something that you could nearly classify him as a friend of Michael's for nearly ten years, he had managed to give him a way out of the bank robber life in North Yankton in exchange for the glory of putting the infamous thief down. The thing was, no one other than them knew about the deal. Which meant Trevor didn't know of the true association of Dave in Michael's "sudden resurrection". Michael had managed to hide it well but still dreaded the subject being opened. It was like hell's doors were opened on his life, as if it wasn't hell in the first place. He couldn't tell Laura about his ties with the FIB, he didn't wanna place pressure on and lose her. He just didn't want to lose her, because in all of his years being a dead man, with her was when he felt most alive. With a heavy heart, he drove to see his good friend.

~~~~

The week that passed Laura by were comforted with Michael's frequent calls, checking in on her, her head had gotten better with time. She'd wait for his call all day and check the news in the newspapers and internet. His absence only meant that he had a job and she stepped back and just hoped no harm would come to him. Her loneliness had artistic results with relaxation and running errands for herself. She had gotten a few snips to refresh her hair, it always looked good after the day of care it received. Laura headed home with her coffee and got out of the car, suddenly a man jumped out from the shrubs. Surprised, she gasped, dropped her coffee and closed her eyes. Of both the pains of losing her coffee and being scared to death by this person.

"Jeez, I'm.. oooohh I'm sorry" Michael said and looked down at the coffee.

She looked up at him with her lips pressed in a tight line, he sensed her annoyance and grasped her shoulders gently, he wore a his suit pants with a blood stained undershirt, Laura's brain crossed with dangerous thoughts.

"I'm sorry" he said more softly.

"I just got that coffee" Laura complained.

"I'll get you a whole Bean Machine. Listen to me. I need you to be careful, Laura"

"Why? What happened now?"

She looked at the fear in his eyes and hoped to calm him down with hers. She put a hand on his.

"Mike, relax"

"I can't relax, okay? It's the fucking FIB. Okay?" He whispered.

"The FIB are your associates?!"

"A little louder why don't you"

Laura raised an eyebrow and he lifted his hands, palms out in a calming gesture.

"They were the only people willing to be. In my situation. Argh.. and that's not even the worse part" he said and sat on the hood of her car, covering his face with his hands.

"Dare I ask what's the worse part?" She said while looking around.

Michael sighed and looked at her, shaking his head.