Space

( Again, lovely readers. This one is for you and I hope you like it. If you got any suggestions for me, I'd love to hear your thoughts. So leave that in the comments and I hope you enjoy this new chapter!)

**

Laura woke up feeling better than usual, as the feelings of tiredness no longer took over her body, she stretched her legs under the soft sheets of her bed, and turned to the side and remembered that Michael was there last night but she doesn't remember him leaving. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, wondering what happened. But of course he would've left, why would he stay?

With a sigh, she got off her bed and headed to get dressed. The phone rang when she was pulling a shirt on her head and she ran back to the bedroom and looked at the screen. It was just her mother.

"Oh, hi mother"

She answered the call and put the phone to her ear, going to the living room to assess the damages, there were a few chip crumbs around but nothing more, she walked to the kitchen to get a dust buster and saw a note on the table.

"Laura, honey, how are things? I hope good things are happening"

"They are" she said with a smile at the note but decided to read it later.

"Really?! Is it finally?!"

"What?"

"Am I gonna have a grandchild, finally? Oh, I'm so happy"

"Mom, what? No! Why the hell would I be pregnant?"

"What do you mean why?"

"I mean... Good things aren't pregnancy, mom"

"You'd be honest with me, right?"

"Sure"

"Is it Devin? Is he.. you know? Slow swimmers?"

"Oh, it's definitely him. It's like they don't even exist" she rolled her eyes.

"See, if you only listened to your mother. You'd have a kid by now"

"I'm fine, mom. Thank you for your advice but I'm not trying whatever shit you told me"

"Of course you're fine. But do you think about anyone other than yourself? I want a grandchild but why isn't there any? I did tell you that Los Santos is not Liberty City material"

"Mother, you specifically said that he would put a child in me in no time in the reception. That's you. That's what you said"

"Laura, it's not nice to twist my words. I said no such thing. Sure he's got his flaws but he can work it out. There are other choices. Adoption, surrogacy"

"Sure, mom. What's going on now? What's new?"

Laura said, desperately trying to change the subject.

"Your father is enjoying the money very well, he's buying all sorts of nonsense"

Laura smiled, it made her happy that her parents were enjoying themselves. She knew they probably didn't have it so easy but she was happy she was at least making things easier for them.

"Well, at least you're enjoying yourself"

"Thank Devin for me, as surprising as that may seem"

Laura let out a breath and pursed her lips.

"Mom.. I.. we gotta talk"

"Oh, no. What is it?"

"It's nothing serious, but I kept it away from you. And I would appreciate that you don't tell dad, okay?"