Socked

Michael was still here after a few hours, they shared bottles of beer and spent time watching Solomon Richards' movies. Laura was more than happy watching the movies with him, she glanced at him every once in a while with a smile, she was glad to have him here, the big house that was usually cold and lonely was now filled with overflowing warmth and safety. Laura loved it and she was pulled out of her calming thoughts by Michael.

"I love this part" he said "it's when he figures out his whole life is a lie"

"Oh that is intense. Look at that"

"Just people for ya"

"This was nice. I've always enjoyed an American Divorce" she smiled brightly at him.

He looked towards her as he leaned on the couch, returning the smile. The table was littered with bottles they had drank in the past two hours after their arguement cooled down, it was like nothing happened. Laura watched Michael, he looked so handsome, she wondered if she had finally crossed the line between reality and intoxication.

"Okay, you wanna watch another?"

"We've already watched two" she shifted her body to the side, putting her feet up then she leaned her head on the couch as she looked at him.

"There's always room for three"

"Nah, let's just sit. I haven't seen you in ages. Let's talk. Where's all this come from?"

Michael offered a small smile and moved his body to the side to face hers.

"Okay, what do you wanna talk about"

"Anything. Did you live your whole life in North Yankton? Am I gonna have cops breaking down my door anytime soon? Did you ever kill anyone?"

"That's your idea of talking?"

He said with a laugh and she playfully slapped his arm.

"No! Okay, no. Just no. Just talk to me. C'mooooon"

She pouted and wondered if the alcohol was at work here or that was just her. Michael had a calm expression on his face, he smiled at her pout.

"That's new. And well let me answer all your questions, I grew up in the Midwest. I'm guessing you may have an idea about how shit it is to live in the Midwest. And no, we were careful. I'm currently laying low and I didn't kill anyone who didn't deserve it. As cruel as that sounds"

Laura raised her eyebrows and put down the bottle, she didn't wanna get drunk, not now.

"That's as intense as those movies"

"Yeah, you can say that. Now where'd you grow up?" 

"Liberty City"

"Oh you ditched LC for this crap place"

"And you think Liberty City is better?"

"I think they're more realistic than this place"

"Yes, perhaps. But still I've just always dreamt about seeing LS. No beaches or hills in LC. There's lots more for me to see and lots for me to paint"

"I find that adorable. At least you found what you came for"

"Yeah, I considered myself lucky for that" she smiled to herself.

"You're adorable. One of a kind. Unique. You're all that then you're lucky" he smiled at her.

She didn't know how to respond to that. The alcohol was enough to fuzz her brain from words.

"Laura.. I'll see you tomorrow? Same place?"

"Yes. Pleease"

Laura wanted nothing else but some time alone with Michael. It would be nothing but the best.