Reverse Monet

Laura leaned on her hand as she watched Arthur Penny's Sanitorium on the Vinewood classics website. It was way more intense action wise and she enjoyed every minute of it. She was happy she managed to watch a well made movie, something she hasn't seen in a while. As she leaned back in her seat, she thought of Michael, the excitement to see him. It had been a week or two where they were meeting every morning, having coffee together before they turned to their daily lives. The excitement was something she hasn't felt in a while and it was her saviour from the deadly routine. She spontaneously smiled and looked at the ceiling, reminding herself of tomorrow. Her phone started ringing and she straightened up in the seat to see who was it. It was Michael and she hurriedly answered.

"You forget a thousand things everyday, make sure this is one of 'em" she gushed.

"Arthur Penny. God, you're fucking awesome"

She laughed as a response.

"I didn't expect your call" she said when her laugh finally died down.

"I didn't too"

"You're alright?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I'm all good. Just... I just wanted to talk to someone"

She knitted her eyebrows together in concern and leaned forward in her seat.

"I'll talk. Are you sure you're good?"

"Yeah. It's nothing, you don't even have to worry. Maybe it's a good thing I called you. I could watch a movie"

"Yeah, do that. I hope you get better"

He paused for a few seconds. He seemed like he just absorbed the silence between them.

"Yeah, thank you. I appreciate it"

Laura hesitated before speaking. She wondered if this would affect their meeting tomorrow and her chest tightened just thinking about it.

"Hey, Laura.."

"Yes, Michael?"

"Thank you" he repeated once again.

"Don't mention it" she said and moved her eyes to the laptop in front of her.

"I should go. You take care" he let out a chuckle and hung up. Laura slowly put down her phone, looking at the screen til it faded to black and left unsure of what she would do for the rest of the night. She closed her laptop and headed to her bedroom, deciding to just put everything on hold for just now.

Her phone rang loudly and she cursed herself for forgetting to switch it off, she sat up and grabbed to curse whoever called at 2am. It was none other than Michael and she answered.

"Hello? Hi. Yeah" she blurted out.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" He said.

"Well, normal people wait til the morning"

"Well I'm not normal people"

Laura huffed in frustration.

"It's okay then, Mr Unique. Let's schedule it some other day" she said while leaning her head to the side to of the pillow.

"How about we just hang out now? By the beach? I'll bring beer" He asked.

"Now? Are you serious?"

"What? Are you busy?"

"I'm busy sleeping"

"Well I couldn't sleep and I thought if you couldn't sleep then maybe we could hang out. It's better at night, the beach. It's quieter"