Times Change

SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG BUT HERE IT IS. ENJOY THE CHAPTER, GUYS <3 

MUCH LOVE TO YOU

*****

This was everything she was used to. Getting over a loved one seemed like it was all she did ever since she arrived in Los Santos. Was there something wrong with her? She either attracted the wrong company or just had crap taste in people. She hoped for the latter, because having the ability to attract wrong people seemed like something she couldn't ever change. Something that made her seem hopeless. 

For the past few weeks, she shut out from the world. Not answering any calls including from her mother and a few friends because talking to other people just seemed like something she couldn't bring herself to do. She lay in bed, not having the intention of getting up and doing anything. She knew this was bad for her but something heavy wrapped around her, telling her it was okay to neglect everything. It told her that it was okay to ignore people reaching out for her. Its whisper was like a siren's melody, impossible to ignore.

With some sort of miracle today she found strength to get out of bed and somehow ease the grip of those dark claws around her. She slipped on a shirt and some shorts and stepped out into her balcony. It was there where she spent her morning. She had to applaud herself because she made coffee as her inner voice continued to tell her that it was going to be alright. Continuously. Without getting tired. Like it needed her to listen. 

She knew she can't live like this. Looking around at the city, at the life that surrounded her. The traffic in Vinewood seemed sparse at 11 in the morning but she knew that was just going to be replaced by the rush hour congestion. She looked around again, at the mountains, at the sky. It meant nothing to her and that bothered her. How the way she saw the world change because of Michael. It made her become angry and she preferred it that way. The angrier she was, the faster she moved on. Laura turned around to look at the huge house she lived in and how it never seemed so alone but could it change now? Everything could be changed. 

****

Selling the house seemed like the most viable choice she came up with. It had too much Michael in it and she wasn't interested in the money so she took the first offer that was presented to her. Please to be rid of that place, she managed to move into a house that was close to Pacific Bluffs, it wasn't as big and it had a nice view, being only a few steps from the beach. Taking only the essentials of her things, most of which were doomed in that barbecue fire she had started. 

Finally after a few weeks, she had to stand there in pride to assess the changes in her life and how the ocean's salty air made her lungs inflate with life. It was heaven on earth and she had noticed she hadn't thought about Michael in the few weeks that followed the move. Laura smiled, because maybe this dark tunnel had an exit with a bright light and she vowed to stay in that light and not let it get dark again. She spent her time with painting and whatever books she could get her hands on. Started going out more but mostly to bars where she would enjoy a few drinks, pretending that the drunks there were her friends and that she wasn't alone. 

This one particular night she was at the bar she started to visit more often, Michael's contact had shifted from a few text messages and calls to nothing at all. And she was feeling glad that he had finally understood the silent message she sent him. She knew deep in her heart she loved him but just couldn't be something she stood against, suffering to think that you weren't enough, to think your husband prefers strange and exotic women and being thrown on the sidelines in the hallow feeling of loneliness, Laura knew she was a lot of things but being a hypocrite just wasn't one of them and her love for Michael wasn't an excuse to leave her beliefs behind.