...Must Come to An End

Hellooo~ I'm baaaaack. I have to once again thank you guys for all the awesome comments you leave me. This one is for you! Thank you and i hope you like it.

It was always lovely watching the sunrise when on the beach. The way the sun shone off the gentle waves of the deep blue ocean. The sky boasted with the mesmerizing colors to signal the start of the day which often people would forget about. The little things in life. The beautiful little things.

Today Laura was going to have breakfast with Dave. It was one of the times where he'd be free as he'd gotten more busy in the past few weeks due to some developments but she didn't mind it. It gave her more time to think of new hobbies to get into since she had all that free time on her hands but maybe she was just getting too used to his company. She just stared at her phone for now as she sat in the living room and found herself thinking about Michael but the thought came calmly like spring showers instead of storming her. She tried to think of something else and had made that easier for herself since she had deleted his number and any picture she had of him. It made it both easier and harder. Sometimes she just felt like seeing him but when the memories of what he had done come back, she scolds herself for those thoughts. It was for the best. Wasn't it? The best...

The sound of the knock on the front of the door was heard and she made her way to open it. It was Dave. He was looking at the plants that were near the door before turning to her. She assumed it was something to pass the time until she opened the door.

"Morning, sunshine. You sleep well?" He started, flashing her a gentle smile.

"I slept really good. You get some rest after your shift?" Laura smiled back, leaning her head on the doorframe.

"Yeah. Yeah, it was alright. Hated how we couldn't have dinner, though."

Dinner was scheduled for the night before but was cancelled because of something coming up at the office. At least that was what she knew.

"It's fine. We could always reschedule. We have all the time in the world, remember?"

It made Dave smile and shoved his hands in his pockets as he looked at her. It was a comfortable silence.

"Well, I mean, if you take out the traffic out of the equation."

"Don't worry, Dave. We'll be fine."

Laura walked out the door and followed him to his car. It had been a peaceful morning and they'd beat the traffic. Dave was playing some soft music in the car and it was soothing. She felt quiet today and was extra appreciative of the peace. Something clouded on her and it weighed heavily on her chest, perhaps it was thinking about him. 

"Hey," Dave started. "You doing good over there? I really think you'd like it there. Its calm, very comfortable and besides, I know I'm going to like it because you're there."

Laura couldn't help but smile in response to the boyish grin on his face.

"Ah, you-" She said with a small laugh.

"Ah, me. Hey, I'm just happy to see you."

She just looked at him as he turned his eyes to the road. It's been a while since the last time she spent the night over at his place yet he still kept in touch. He'd text, call and still do everything he did previously. Laura thought it was sweet, the way he cared even though he didn't have to, even though the nature of their relationship didn't require it.

Soon, they were there. Dave stopped the car and looked over at Laura, she flashed him a lazy smile in response.

"You know, you didn't really answer me. When I asked if you were okay."