Frozen

Waking up the morning alone in a queen sized bed was Laura's second favourite. With all the money she got off her husband, she took to pampering herself. The house was the most pampering she had done. It was that she always wanted a house with a view, but preferably by the beach, but the streets in Downtown Vinewood were satisfiable enough to her.

The house was two stories going downwards and no pool, it offered a nice balcony overlooking Los Santos. The windows were decorated with wood carvings on the outside. There was one garage and two shrubs outside her front door. Part of the house was unfurnished, the lower part. She didn't know what to do with it, she had thought about making it into a gym but settled for a studio. The boxes around the spacious room were stained with paint, posters covered the walls. She kept bookshelves there, It was her most favourite place to stay in, she considered it a panic room.

Laura knew Mary Ann wasn't coming today and she was very happy. She didn't need her to ruin the day's peace. It was 9am and after the large dinner last night she still managed to be hungry, she thought of making herself some waffles since she had taken to cooking, she got a lovely kitchen that she actually used, unlike the other women who lived around the neighborhood. She decided to go have some fresh coffee near the beach. It would be quiet and she knew a nice spot where she could park her car and enjoy the cool, moist air of the ocean.

She got dressed into the likes of sportswear this time to illusion herself that perhaps it would encourage her to make some effort to follow Mary Ann's orders. An hour later she drove her way to the beach, the streets were somewhat crowded but the traffic thinned when she got out of the freeway and took the first right and pulled into a parking lot. She got out and walked to the beach, taking off her shoes, allowing the sand to get in between her toes as the cold water felt great under my feet. She had begun to wish that she had gotten that coffee first.

There was a Bean Machine near Vespucci, Laura had hoped it wouldn't be crowded at this time of day. If she had only drove there earlier, perhaps would've enjoyed her coffee with a piece of pastry or a donut. Even the mere thought of anything with sugar made Mary Ann's voice echo in my head. She'd be furious if she knew what Laura thought about, she might even have a stroke. She comforted myself in the few days that were left til her trial was over and she could enjoy myself without the hysterical screaming, echoing inside her head.

Laura headed around 10am to the Bean Machine in Rockford Hills, a prosperous neighborhood that is preferable by celebrities, that being here along with Eclipse. She liked being in Rockford Hills. It was only because it was more closer to the supermarkets, the coffee shops and the malls. She had to drive a good 5 minutes in the morning to beat the traffic and a 15 minutes during the rush hour just to get a carton of milk.

Laura pulled into a parking space and her eyes darted to the mirror back at her own and had decided to put on some mascara and some light pink lipstick that complimented my brown locks, looking at it now, she wanted to dye it soon and made a mental note to deal with all that later, it was now tied in a ponytail because she was too lazy to wash it yesterday and hoped that nobody would notice.

The shop smelled of delicious baked goods of muffins and others. The aroma of coffee tickled her nostrils as she stood in line. She put in my earbuds to listen to some music while waiting, her music player decided to play If I Didn't Have Your Love by Leonard Cohen. The simplicity of the song and the deep voice of Cohen were harmonious like the luster of the moon smoothening the harsh darkness of the night. She patiently awaited the line to move, then it stopped suddenly. She looked up to see what was going on and saw that an older man was arguing with a younger one. The woman in front of her seemingly got sick of the arguing and left her spot in the line, she was thankful she couldn't hear anything because of the music and stepped forward, turning up the volume of the music.

Laura looked up, the line still wasn't moving and saw the two men now visibly getting physical, before anyone could do anything. The younger man attempted to shove the older one and as he was shoved back into Laura. His frozen drink was splashed all over her face. They both looked at Laura in surprise and she couldn't do anything but gasp at the sudden coldness.

"Oh Jesus. I'm sorry" the younger chubby one with the reddish brown hair said to her. He wore a shirt and some shorts that only be described as the "youthful wardrobe" the kids used to wear nowadays whilst looking like clowns. The older one however wore something close to that, a pair of shorts and a polo shirt. Redhead (the name she mentally gave the younger one) was looking genuinely concerned as that disappeared when he looked at what she assumed was his father.

"Now look at what you did, Jimmy. You idiot" the father said.

Laura ignored them and saw the people around her were a mix of surprise and chuckles. She glared at a group of girls who just snickered, making her uncomfortable with the stares.

"Im glad I'm not in her shoes" one of them whispered loud enough with a mocking tone. Laura heard her and felt herself getting a bit angry.

"You know? You should be glad, because if this was you. With that amount of makeup, your face would melt on this fucking ground and stick there having people step on it day in and day out like it should be, you fake shit"

Her smile twisted in displeasure as she chose not to reply to that and shook it off as if it was a fly and kept on chatting to her friends.

"Hey, I'm sorry. My son doesn't know how to act like a respectable human being..." the father said. He had black hair and blue eyes, they shone in the soft light of the morning hours as he looked at her. She didn't respond and grabbed some napkins and dried her face.

"Just play your little games far away from me" she said annoyed and looked at the shiny surface of the napkin dispenser and saw that her mascara was running and she looked like she had scary makeup for Halloween. But at least now she had an excuse for washing her hair.

"We weren't playing. It was just a discussion" the man said defensively.

She glanced at him before speaking.

"Then keep your discussions away from me" she repeated to him as she walked out the door and welcomed the warm sun of Los Santos. She held herself to keep warm as she knew that today just wasn't her day.