Tabloid Headlines

The 16th of June, 2014

"Oh, fuck," Charlie cursed, flailing against his restraints.

"Is Kingsman really worth dying for?" Jackson asked.

"No, it fucking isn't! Shit, I'll tell you what you want. Please!" Charlie said, his voice nothing but panic, "Chester King is Arthur. Arthur's head of a spy agency; it's called Kingsman. Get me out of here!"

"Thank you, Charlie. Much appreciated," Jackson said with a greasy smile.

"Come on! That wasn't the fucking deal! Fuck!"

The train tracks Charlie was tied to dropped below the train, allowing it to pass over him without hurting him. Jackson and Arthur traded places near the tracks while the train passed. The section of track was raised after the train passed, showing a disappointed Arthur to Charlie.

"I had such high hopes for you," Arthur said flatly, "You're a bloody disgrace."

"Arthur, I'm sorry. At least untie me," Charlie said weakly.

"Untie yourself," Arthur said bitterly before turning and walking away.

"Arthur," Charlie begged, "Arthur please," Charlie paused before getting angry, "I'm the fucking son of the-shit! Anyone? Hello?"

Nicolette then muted the sounds coming from the train tracks as Merlin turned to face Eggsy, Roxy, Harry, and Percival.

"Galahad, Percival, congratulations. Your candidates have reached the final stage of the testing process. As tradition allows, you will have twenty-four hours to spend with them," Merlin said simply.

"Eggsy, you should know that your father reached this point," Nicolette said calmly, and a little softly.

"From now on, there are no safety nets, understood?" Merlin asked Eggsy and Roxy.

The two candidates looked at each other before nodding their heads.

"Good. Dismissed," Merlin said, motioning his head towards the door that led to the transport tube.

Harry, Eggsy, Roxy, and Percival left, leaving Merlin and Nicolette in the nerve center. Merlin then turned around in his chair, pressing the speaker button so that his voice carried to where Charlie was. This also unmuted any sound that was going to come from where Charlie was.

"Charlie, time to go home," Merlin said simply.

"Fuck you!" Charlie said bitterly.

Nicolette couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"Fucking, Dad's gonna hear about this!" Charlie yelled.

Nicolette spoke through the speaker, "If you do, then both you and him are going to end up in a body bag. Remember, Charlie?"

Charlie let out a groan.

"Fucking, Draco Malfoy. 'Wait until my father hears about this,'" Nicolette muttered to herself, earning a laugh from Merlin.

-------------------------------

"'To pee, or not to pee'?" Eggsy asked, pointing to a tabloid headline.

Harry had brought Eggsy back to his home for their twenty-four hours together. Currently, the two were in Harry's study.

"That, was the headline the day after I defused a dirty bomb in Paris," Harry answered.

"'Germany one, England five,'" Eggsy said in a smug tone.

"Missed that game. I was breaking up an undercover spy ring at the Pentagon."