Chapter 6

(Y/N's POV)

I climbed off the roof and walked across the street. Once across I walked to the back side of the building. I find a backdoor which seems to be jammed a bit open. I push the door but it doesn't open up. Then an idea pops into my head. I walk a bit back and ram into the door. Luckily it opened up but I landed face down on the floor.

"Ouch my nose," I said.

I got off the floor and looked around. This place has got to have the right kind of oil. To my luck, I find the right bottle and leave. I need to get home as fast as possible just so Lily knows I'm ok. Once home I open the door and see Lily asleep on the table. I smile as I close the door. I place the oil over by my desk. I walk over to Lily and pick her up and place her on the couch. I put the blanket on her and took a blanket for myself.

"Goodnight Lily," I said.

I laid down on the floor and fell asleep.

(The Next Morning)

I woke up late in the morning. The sun was shining through my window onto my face. I never did like the fucking sun on my face. I got up off the floor and stretched my back. Once ready I walked off to get ready for a major job. I walked over to my desk and grabbed the container with gas in it. I walked over to the truck and poured the gas into the truck. Once that was empty I walked over to the front of the truck and opened up the hood. I placed one of the batteries in it and the oil too. I tried to start up the truck but it didn't work. I tried again and still nothing so I grabbed another battery and switched it out for the one in the engine.

"This is going to take forever!" I groaned.

(A Bit Later)

"Finally!" I said.

The last battery we had was the one that worked. I had Lily throw the ones that didn't work outside. I stopped the engine and got out of the truck. Lily was very excited since she has never ridden in a vehicle before. 

"Alright Lily grab your stuff and we'll head out. The sooner the better." I said.

"Ok!" Lily said.

I grabbed my bag full of books and papers I collected over the years here. Lily ran back and forth from her table to the truck. I guess she wanted to take them home with her. I mean it's not a bad idea just every book really. I placed my bag down in the backseat with Lily's books and then went over to my desk to grab the small amount of money we've collected over the years. It should be enough to make it across the entire country. Lily jumped in shot gun while I jumped in the driver's seat.

"Buckle up." I said.

"Why?" Lily asked.

"Cause seat belts save lives kids." I said.

"Ok?" Lily said.

"Hey I wanted to give you this a while back but... I think now is a good time." I said, while taking off the necklace and handing it to Lily.

"W-what your giving me the necklace?" Lily said.

"Yeah you deserve it. You've done a lot for us. This is a thank you for everything you've done you little knucklehead." I said.

"T-thank you so such (N/N)!" Lily said.

"No problem." I said.

Lily put the necklace on then put her seat belt on. I put my seatbelt on started to truck up and drove out the garage door. We traveled through the forest on the path and made it to the road. We started our drive. I don't know how but I found an old crappy GPS. Hopefull it will get us home.

"So how long till we get home?" Lily asked.

"Well the GPS says 42 hours which is almost two days but I can't stay awake for that long so we'll have to make some stops." I said.

"Oh ok." Lily said.

We stopped at the traffic light and waited for it to turn green.

"Hey (N/N) I think these wings on the necklace are the ones that are helping us home." Lily said.

"You're probably right." I said.

I changed and I drove the truck down the road. I roads were quiet and not a lot of cars were on it.
"This could be a nice journey home." I said.

Then we hit traffic. I frowned and Lily giggled.

"I spoke to soon." I said.