9: Hiding

I had slept for about an hour when Mark woke me up, he was so carefull, I felt like I was made of porcelain. I barely noticed him at first.

When I slowly opened my eyes, Mark had made me something to eat and got tea. I couldn't believe my eyes, he was such a gentleman. April must be so lucky.

My face fell and after that turned sour when I thought of April, the lucky girl that could hold Mark's hand.

"What? You don't like it Whitey?" Mark looked at me puzzled.

"No, no it's perfect Mark, thank you so much." I said in honesty and I looked at the tray he placed carefully on the bed. I looked up at him in awe.

He really was perfect.

I started to eat something, it tasted like heaven even though it was just slighty burnt toast and black tea. Mark had taken the time to make this for me.

Mark got his PS4 controller and looked at me "Do you mind if I game for a bit? You can join me if you want?" He smiled at me trying to get rid all the dark clouds in my head. It worked immediately, his smile was so bright and perfect it could bring the dead back to life.

I shook my head "No, it's fine. I'll watch" I gave him a reassuring smile and ate more. It was so good.

I looked over at Mark while chewing on a bite of the toast, he sat in his gaming chair, focusing hard while biting the tip of his tongue.

--

When I finished my by Mark made meal, I stood up and sat down on the groud next to Mark, my legs crossed. "What are you playing?" I asked him, looking curious from the screen to his hands.

Mark stared at the screen, when he heard me he started laughing. "You don't know the game? It's GTA V" he answered me.

"Is that like a racing game or something?" It didn't look like it was a racing game since he was constantly fighting with people and was stealing fighter jets.

"Not exactly, the genre says racing but it's not really racing. It's about status and being a thief and just fucking around, I guess" Mark said unsure to himself, "You can steal cars, steal jets and planes, fight people, shoot people,  go to shops, go to a stripclub, but also you can do missions. But you will get followed by police if you misbehave. Look I got three police stars at the moment" Mark said rubbing in head while trying to explain what the game was about.

"Wanna try?" He asked as he handed me the controller.

I slowly nodded and took the controller.

"Okay" Mark said and started to explain the use of all the buttons on the controller.

After all the details I started the game again, and tried to hijack a car but the police found mw while I was hijacking the car and shot me down with a headshot.

The second attempt wasn't much more successful, this time I managed to hijack a car but ran right away in a building causing the car to explode.

So I started a third attempt, while I was running across the street to find a car to hijack a firetruck drove by and Mark told me you could turn on the siren and I had to have it.

"But how do I get it" I whined softly as the firetruck stood in the traffic jam I created by running around on the street.

Mark chuckled and said "Here let me help you" as he grabbed my hands that were holding the controller and started to navigate me to the firetruck with my hands.

My cheeks heated up again and I lost track of the whole game, my full attention was focused on mine and Marks hands. I felt my lips curl into a big smile, man I felt so good.