11: Tremble

I sat there on the ground not daring to move, I didn't want to trigger him into beating me with the trophy my stupid body just ruined.

Mark was silent, I didn't know what he was doing but all I knew is: you should never make eye contact with a wild angry animal.

My head was hurting bad, something was very wrong on top of my head since it felt wet-ish but I didn't dare to move or feel to figure out what was actually happening on top of my head since he would beat me up again.

The warm waterfalls on my cheeks didn't quit either, I was choking back a sob.

"Whitey.. you're bleeding.." A soft and concerned voice spoke and traveled off after what felt like an eternity. I still didn't dare to move, maybe it was just an act, this one he had pulled on me alot.

Footsteps started approaching me, making me curl up even more.

A hand removed the trophy carefully from my lap, and put it away somewhere safe and out of my way.

His feet weren't returning to me, see he cared more about the trophee than me, I knew this would happen.

Why had I even agreed to come to his stupid-perfect-enormous house in the first place, he's still Mark. Mark hates freaks like me, that's what it supposed to be. It's the cliche plot that belongs on every high school.

The long choked back sob finally fighted  it's way out, making me sob and shiver.

Mark's feet stood there, still. Not moving, not doing anything. He was probably bothered by my pathetic behaviour, he was probably taking pictures again like the times he and his friends threw me in the pond by our school. Or he was just standing there with this smug grin on his face watching me squirm after they managed to break my arm.

More tears where now leaving my eyes because of all these memories, why did I trust this self-centred guy? Why did I like him? Even worse why do I feel butterflies from his smile?

Then his feet started to move, not towards me but towards the door. The door creaked open and his footsteps left the room, they were fading in the distance of the hallway. Another door creaked open and I could hear fainted voices in the distance.

I slowly looked up, this was my chance. The opportunity I waited for. I grabbed my bag andt stood up fastly, making me really dizzy, so I grabbed the desk for support. Then I gathered all the adrenaline that had been rushing through my veins and I started to run.

I ran out of his room, out of the enormous nicely- I mean stupid decorated hallway, towards the stairs. I could see the daylight seeping through the windows of the double frontdoor, in the downstairs hallway.

As fast as I could I darted down the first stairs. My feet had a hard time but I didn't bother the adrenalin had me numbed out.

"Ethan what the fuck are you doing?!" A voice came from behind me, and a hand grabbed the end of my shirt. Making me yelp, after that my body stiffened midway a step, and with the speed I was having, it made me lose balance.

I tumbled down the stairs, taking the figure that was holding onto my shirt with me.

When we came to an halt down the stairs, the figure landed on top of me making me groan. Damn he was heavy, I felt his breathing onto my chest and his arms wrapped around me. My  head was pounding heavy and feeling like needles were pushed into my brain and a knife into my abdomen, I had my arms wrapped around him too, still squeezing his upper arm I noticed. I tried to remove my arms but how hard I tried my arms they didn't budge.

"Fucking hell" the person on top of me exclaimed, "You're fucking insane Whitey" a giggle left his lips. I slowly opened my eyes to make eye contact with a Mark with angry furrowed eyebrows, an amused smile and concerned look in his eyes.