18: Hold Me

• MARK'S POV •

The hallway I was in started to empty itself, everybody went to their classes since Ethan was gone. I hated people, people were so cruel.

I was standing in the middle of the hallway, students knocked into me but I couldn't move or growl to them. Ethan was completely in my head, let alone the fight with April.

I was losing April, wasn't I? I didn't want that, but on the other hand I couldn't care less. Ethan is the only thing I want on my mind now.

Where did they go? Noah grabbed his hand and lead him towards the doorway, I walked the same path, through the dubbledoors and so I ended up in the schoolyard.

There, the boy in the pink sweater sat on top of the hill under the tree in the shadow. The normal place they always were, there he could calm down and treat his bruises. I smiled to myself, I was gonna sneak up on him and kiss him. Just to gain trust of them both, I'm gonna explain to them what is happening.

I started to walk towards the hill as I looked to the white haired boy, he looked so broken, tears streaming down his face, I hid behind a tree, trying to figure the situation out. I heard Noah approach Ethan on the most soft and carefull way possible; "Hey Eth.." Noah tried, Ethan didn't respond all he did was shiver and let out a sob.

"Kitten" Noah whispered, I never heard Noah call him that before, had they-- had they a relationship or something? No that was stupid, right? Noah was straight right?

I looked back at Ethan, he was shivering worse. Biting his lip, and his hands were twitching. He was thinking of bad memories, also the oceans in his eyes were dark and stormy.

Noah sat on the opposite side of Ethan, focussing comepletely on how he could help him out of the dark place. Noah looked really calm, he gave Ethan all the space to process that he was calling him back to reality, he gave Ethan space to think of all the memories he wanted while monitoring his movements, he was ready to shake him out of the dark of it all became too vivid. It was something truly incredible how these two functioned, mostly how Noah made the best out of a hard situation.

I really underestimated him.

I understand why Ethan trusts Noah and Noah trusts Ethan, they know each other to the core. Every secret they knew about each other and every details they knew what it meant. These two had a super strong bond, it was amazing to see.

"Kitten, please look at me.." Noah asked again in the most soft and subtle voice.

Nothing like the harsh tone he used to talk to me, it made me realise how much he must hate me but he still let me around Ethan, all because Ethan loved me and Noah gave him the chance to find it all out.

Noah waited for a response, but it didn't come, Noah frowned and looked at Ethan. He slowly grabbed Ethan's hands again, Ethan's eyes slowly moved upwards to Noah's eyes and more and more tears started to fall, a hard sob left his lips.

"I'm so sorry Noo" Ethan said quietly.

"Don't be" instantly Noah answered with a small smile "I knew you were thinking about that.. It's the past kitten, you're here with me breathing and alive."

He was with Noah, breathing and alive? What had happened? What does he mean with breathing and alive? Was Ethan dead? I frowned.

I just stayed quiet after that.

"I want to look at your jaw, it's really red" Noah annouced in the same soft tone as before. He carefully grabbed his jaw and turned his face a bit, studying the red hand mark from April.