30: Attachment

Mark had laid me down on my bed and sat down himself next to me, he was studying me. "I've never seen him like this Noah, he's completely zoned out and irresponsive.. he keeps crying." He said soft, whiping my tears away.

"Old repressed memories surface because of the attack and attachment, it's not uncommon for him to act like this. Try to get him to talk and comfort him." Noah answered while settling on my desk, going though my books and grabbing a book about demonology. He inspected the marks on my cheek and nek and started to search in the book.

"Cindy if you're here can you let me know? I need some answers." Noah asked the air, while he searched the book.

Mark looked up, an unreadable look on his face, "You ask that like it's the most normal question in the world.."

"Isn't it a normal question then?" Noah asked, fake confusion dripping off his face.

"Not really, not for me" Mark answered sheepish.

A shatter noise filled the room, as the staple of my favorite CD's fell over.

"Not yet Mark, I thought it was weird in the beginning too, when Ethan got all excited for seeing Cindy when we entered his new home and I saw nothing." Noah answered calmly.

Mark just nodded unconvinced, he moved his gaze towards me. Stroking my head in an attempt to calm me down, it felt good, but I still was nowhere near fine.

"Hey Cynthia, are you alright?" Noah went on like it was no big deal. He didn't even turn around, it was like a normal friend has entered the room.

Mark squeezed my hand, it stressed him out all this ghost stuff. He had never been confronted by these types of occurrences before, so this whole new world was understandably scary and weird. Also Mark had hit jackpot with the demon, Noah had only once encountered a demon before. I had now a total of four encounters with a demon, four too many to be honest.

Cynthia nodded, "Yeah I'm good, what happened to Ethan? I kept my distance before you asked me since he, well, he looks worn out" Cindy traveled off.

I was the only one that could hear and see her, but I didn't wanna play message man today, not after everything that happened. Why were these three people sticking stubbornly around? I was bad news and they knew that, so why are they still acting like they care? Even though I drag them through hell.

Noah waited for sometime, waiting for me to speak up and message through her talking, but like I said before.. I didn't wanna talk honestly. Noah gave up hope after no noise coming from me and sighed softly, "I can't hear you Cindy." He said as he started to search in the drawers of my desk. "Ethan where is the radio and speaker?"

I didn't answer, I didn't wanna talk, I was useless, a freak, not good enough.

It felt like another rock was dropped on my fragile and tired body, as Mark started squeezing my hand tighter and tighter. He yelped as my hand cracked from his squeezing and he was started to shake my shoulder with his other hand, nothing like this behaviour was like Mark--

I moved my gaze towards Mark, curious and concerned about what was happening. He looked terrified, he opened his mouth to speak, but no sound came out.

Noah turned around to the muffled chaos Mark was causing behind him as his eyes lit up halfway through his turning, "Hi Cindy" He smiled, as he looked over to me, to only see I was focused on Mark.

"No time for chit-chat Noah, I've made an attachment with Ethan's energy, without his consent. What happened to him? The radio is by the way in his schoolbag." Cindy rattled.