20: Change

"Where are we going?" Mark asked as he followed Noah, he didn't look at his surroundings he only was busy with making me as comfortable as possible.

Holding a close eye on my burn marks and the way he was holding me, he didn't even care that all the students stopped with what they were doing just to stare at us walking by. He had lost that concern as he started cuddling me on top of that hill, or was this all an act? Did he have another whim?

"Ethan's home, it's his safe place. Cindy's there too" Noah answered while he was walking next to me and Mark, he had his hands in his pockets and was deep in thought.

"Mark!? What the fuck?" Chandler's voice sounded through the hallway. I felt my body tense up, I didn't want this now.

Mark just eyerolled and didn't stop walking, he just smiled at me and whispered "It's okay Whitey, don't be afraid we're going home, I won't let anybody hurt you anymore" He looked so honest and driven by this statement.

I saw Noah look at us as he heard Mark's statement, he studied Mark's movements and features and went back to thinking.

As we reached my house, Noah grabbed my key out of my bag as Mark slowly put me down on my feet. He still held me tightly so I couldn't fall, as we toed our shoes off and started walking towards the stairs.

"Jake, honey is that you?" My mother sounded from the kitchen.

"No" My voice cracked and the noise was so soft it wasn't audible in the kitchen. Mark started stroking my hair, telling me that it is okay.

"No, it's Ethan, me and Mark" Noah answered for me.

My mother walked out of the kitchen, "Did he pass out again?" Concern flooded her face, Noah nodded in response.

My mother sighted softly and rubbed her head, "Doctors can't find anything why he passes out so much, let alone the screaming in it.. it's not common"

I stared at the floorboards, Mark held me tightly and I felt safe. For once I didn't feel like crying, for once I felt safe and pretty okay while discussing a reliving.

"I know mrs Hayes" Noah answered.

"Noah, you know you can call me Emma" She smiled and Noah blushed and shrugged as an awnser.

My mother looked up and noticed that Mark was the Mark who hurt me yesterday, her gaze went dark. "Why is he here?" She asked, squinting her eyes at him.

"M-Mark helped me" I mumbled

My mother's gaze went from dark to confused, "Do you mind to elaborate me on this, yesterday he hurt you and now he's all cuddly" She said with a stern voice, she looked over at Mark "He's not a toy, you know that right? He's a human with feelings. If you hurt him one more time mama bear is gonna come after you." It sounded playfull but the underlying tone was anything than playfull, my mother was not someone you wanted trouble with.

Mark nodded, "I know mrs Hayes, I had some trouble with coming to terms with.. myself.." Mark mumbled the last few words, his cheeks went red and he started staring at the floorboards.

My mother somehow understood what was happening, "Oh really?" She asked, a playfull smile started to show. "Then I shall leave you three alone" as she turned around to go back to the kitchen. "And Noah keep an eye on those two okay?"

Noah nodded, and looked at me, his eyebrow pulled up. I just shrugged, my mother was weird, she was way too good at understanding and reading people.

I started walking towards the stairs, Mark grabbed my hand and followed me upstairs. He looked around taking every detail in now he could see it in daylight, grinning at childhood photos of me.