28: Harm

• MARK'S POV •

"N-No! Get a-away from me i-idioit!" Ethan screamed, "I-I'm dangerous" he cried.

I stopped in my tracks, Ethan called me an idiot? Why was he panicking?

I looked over at the broken boy, torned in thousants of pieces, scooting away from me. He left pieces of him behind while he was scooting away, he was crying bad, not even breathing right.

"Ethan" Noah's voice broke through my pondering. "Ethan, you're safe, your attachment is gone"

He was crying heavily, I slowly crawled towards Ethan, not really sure how to comfort the boy. He was sobbing bad, eyes closed, ragged breathing. "Get a-away from m-me" He said through his sobs.

I didn't listen and carefully, I wrapped my arms around the boy, which resulted in him caving even more in. Thousands of pieces lay around us, I didn't know how to fix it, I wanted to, but how do you fix a shattered soul.

He started to fight with the last energy he had left, it wasn't much, it were soft pulls, an attempt to break loose. "M-Mark, please" he begged, "p-please leave me alone and g-get yourself to s-safety, I'm dangerous" he whispered.

"Why?" I asked him quietly, stroking his hand.

"I-I--" was all he said as he started to cry even more, I stared stroking his hair. "It's okay , you're here with me and even Noah, together we can fight the world, we did that, the demon is gone." I whispered.

Slowly looked over to Noah for advise, Noah just nodded, and said. "Do you want to go home?"

"N-No!" Ethan yelled, panic on his face, "I will hurt them!"

I frowned confused, "What? Why?"

"I-I, murdered all your friends M-Mark" He sobbed, I looked at him confused, he did not? Everybody was inside, I could see the lights flashing?

"I-I wasn't myself" Ethan started to talk, "M-My eyes were black, a-and I couldn't control myself and I--" He closed his eyes, looking for air.

Noah looked at me frowning, I shrugged. "Babe, everybody is inside and alive, look you can see them move and stuff" I stroked his hair.

"B-But.." Ethan looked up, squinting his eyes, his face fell to confuse, retracing the steps in his head.

A thunder sounded in the distance as drops of water started to fall from the sky onto the three, living and breathing human beings outside.

Noah gave a small cough, a hint that he wanted to get out of the rain. "What if, Mark and I bring you home and stay the night?" He offered.

Ethan's head was not responding, far too deep in his own little ponderings. Little? I mean he was sure he murdered people? What was even going on actually? All I knew was that starting to soak and the thunderstorm was closing in.

Ethan was completely zoned out, I softly got his hands and kissed it to bring him back to reality.

It didn't work, he was too deep in his head to make this romantic gesture work, one other option, the thing that always worked when someone had dozed off after practice. I smiled mischievous to Ethan and licked his ear.

Ethan shot up, "what the heck?!" He looked angry at me as I started to laugh, it was too adorable. "Noah asked you if we could go home we're soaking, and I don't want you to catch a cold"

"Also" Noah filled me up "Mark and I wanna stay the night, if you feel like you're dangerous?"

He nodded slowly, I looked up at him, "Well lets go then" I stood up, wrapping my arms around his middle, pressing a kiss on his forhead.

I started to search my pockets for my keys, as Noah spoke up, "Mark, you're not gonna drive, you've alcohol in your system, I'm driving"

"A-And I want you to stay with me.." A tiny voice sounded which belonged to a certain white haired boy.

I smiled "I will." As I pressed my lips against the shaking boy's ones, I smiled stroking his hair, holding him tightly.

I didn't want to lose him, but was I capable of saving him? If I lost him it would hurt a lot. I'd miss him, god I miss him now already, when he has a reliving. I want to cuddle him, and see his smile that exists out of pure happiness.

Not these tears, these tears of him being terrified of himself and that creature that was controling him. It know the demon controlling him was not a pretty sight, it was a horrible sight but dear god it affected him so much, all I wanted to do was help him.

"Shall we go?" Noah poked my arm, making me snap back to reality.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm soaking" I laughed.

I looked over at the white haired boy, his arms were wrapped around himself and his teeth were clattering together. He was cold. I quickly grabbed his hands and wrapped my hands tightly around his, and kissing him again.

He gave me a small smile, it was a cold one, tired and it lacked emotions, this one was nothing like the smiles on the bleachers. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder as we started moving towards the backdoor, Ethan was looking at the ground, his hand was squeezing the fabric of my shirt as Noah slowly pushed the door open.

It was once again as if time slowly came to an halt, as one noticed the door going open. All heads started to turn as we the three soaked figures stepped inside the house.

"Yo, guys what are the angry tall noodle that crashed the party, the weird gay wall-talker that was soaked in paint and after that went missing do--" Dylan questioned himself, then his gaze fell on me, slowly moving his gaze towards my arm that was holding Ethan.

"Mark..? dude? the gay romance with wall-talker is real?" He asked, a mix of confusion, betrayal and disgust showed on his face.

I nodded, and kissed Ethan's cheek, "Yeah, as you'd probably already figured out by rumours, he's my boyfriend now" I said teasingly, which left Ethan flustered and all the people in the room quiet.

"But you're not gay?" April spoke up, "We're in a relationship" anger flooded in her voice.

"Seems like that is over, the ship was going down for awhile now." I shrugged after the statement. "And somehow someone with a lot more depth is far more interesting, how odd right?"

"Well fuck you, Mark!" She yelled as tears started to show on April's cheeks, and somehow guilt started to form in my stomach. Maybe it was a bit mean to end things like this, she was the one I had spent 3 years with until now. But things were going downhill, and she hated Ethan, there was no way in fixing this.

"Dude, are you no longer one of us?" Bradley asked me, a confused tone in his voice.

I sighed, "Ofcourse I am still part of the team, but instead of April I've now Ethan as my biggest fangirl" I said with an eyeroll.

"But he's weird" Dylan said accusingly.

"Maybe you should give him a chance, he's not as bad as you make him out to be, he's not bad at all" I said in a serious tone, "but I've to go, Ethan needs to get the paint out of his hair."

With that I slowly tugged Ethan slowly through the crowd, towards the front door. I walked him towards Noah's car and held the door for him open, after that I got in myself, Ethan immediately snuggling up against me.

"Thank you" He whispered.

"For what?" I asked confused, as I played with a streak of his hair that wasn't soaked with paint.

"Everything" Ethan mumbled, as he pushed his face in the fabric of my shirt.

"No problem baby" I whispered as I started stroking his back in circles, looking at the streetlights rushing by.