13: Regret

• MARK'S POV •

After April had left, I sat in my room staring at the wall. Ethan had left and I didn't even know it or notice it until April left and I let her out of the house, like real men do those things. But I wasn't a real man, I was a pathetic example of the male species.

I didn't know when Ethan left or if he came home safe, if he got treatment for his injuries. Panic creeped up in my body, did I need to check onto him? Did I need to text him? Maybe I could do that..

I got out my phone and started to type a message:

To: Ethan Ghostpants

Hi Whitey! Everything alright with you and the ghost squad? I-

No that didn't seem right, I was the one who hurted him.. I deleted the text again and started to retype the message.

To: Ethan Hayes

Hi Ethan, I just wanted to ask you if you're home and came home safe and sound? I'm really sorry you know.. I panicked when I saw her-

This was too much wasn't it? The first part was alright but the second part wasn't. I started again:

To: Ethan Hayes

Hi Eth, I just wanted to know if you are home and if you're home, if you came home safe and sound? Also if you got medical attention for the wound on your head, it looked bad.. I'm sorry for today you know. - Mark.

I closed my eyes and pressed sent, no returning now.

- - - - -

An hour had passed and Ethan still hadn't answered. Panic started to rise badly, the booze I was downing didn't calm my nerves either, they made my emotions even more confusing since the boundaries were gone and I had all the time to think about everytime I had hurt Ethan and those amazing eyes, his beautiful lips..

I had to look for the white haired boy. I slowly stood up and stumbled out of the house, not even bothering if I should put on a coat. I just walked out and looked out for the boy, he was nowhere in sight. I was getting close to his house, was he kidnapped?

My eyes started watering as I stood in front of his house, I stumbled through the front porch on my way to the door. I had to know if Ethan was safe.

I really did.

I cared for him, I really did. 

A chuckle left my lips as I tried to stop the warm feeling in my stomach that came with the realization.

I smiled brightly and my eyes got even more watery.

I had to tell Ethan this, really, he is amazing, he's like some sort of superhero, he can talk to ghost. His superhero name would be..

"Ghostboy" I whispered to myself.

This time a giggle left my lips, "Ethan Phantom" another giggle. I leaned against the door, my hand slowly stroking the door in search for a doorbell. I really wanted to see those blue eyes with that happy spark.

The door slowly opened, making me almost fall over. But I managed to catch myself, first impressions matter you know.

I stood up straight, drunk smile plastered on my face and watery eyes.

"Can I help you?" My eyes met with brown eyes, it was a woman.

I nodded wildly "I'm looking for Ethan Hayes" I smiled wildly.

"Who are you?" The woman asked squinting her eyes, like she had some sort of realization.

"Mark" I answered, getting inpatient.

"I don't think he wants to see you" The woman said. "Noah is with him and that's for the best now. Sorry Max" with that she closed the door.

I stood there for a moment, completely frozen to the ground. I wanted to see him, I wanted to make him feel beter.

This was not a part of my plan, why didn't he want to see me? Well I knew that but how did she know he didn't want to see me? I wanted to make him feel better.

Cuddle him. Yes.

I looked up at the sky and heard some voices in the distance, I recognised that one. It was Noah's!

I looked up and saw a open window.

This was all that I needed.

I stumbled to right under the window and looked up, I'd make that easily. I mean I'm a starplayer, nobody can stop me.

I started to climb up to the window, it didn't take much of me at all.

I pulled myself through the open window and flopped down on the floor. I rolled over giggling, two shocked faces looked at me from the bed.

"Whitey!" I exclamed happily. But then I saw the state Ethan was in, my eyes widened.

"Oh no baby" I mumbled while crawling over to the bed. "Are you okay?" My eyes watering again.

My arms tangled themself around him, pulling him in a tight hug as salt water started to leak out of my eyes. "God Ethan I'm so sorry. So so so sorry, I panicked."

I stared at the blue seas in his eyes, they were filled with thunderclouds. I wanted to make him feel better, so much better. He deserved all the happiness in the world even mine.

His eyes started to leak water too, his face was filled with pure confusion. I held him even tighter "It's okay baby, really okay." I kissed his forehead and cuddled against his shoulder.

"I want you to be happy" I mumbled.