14: Confusion

• ETHAN'S POV •

I sat on my bed, Noah had come over as soon as he saw my text. It was actually not much of a text, all it said was "I need you", but apparently it was enough to have him in five minutes doubled over, panting in my room. Shocked with the state I was in.

His face was full of emotions, but it mostly was anger. Anger towards Mark. He helped me clean and bandage the cuts and I told him all of the story in it fullest detail. It didn't matter since it was Noah, my best friend.

"And so I threw up and walked home. I rather had that than another beating by that asshole." I was full on ugly crying now, rubbing angry at the bruise on my cheek. I hated Mark, well I wish I could but I couldn't, I mean it was Mark.

Noah stroked my head and nodded understandingly, "You could have texted me, please text me the next time, I'll take you home." Noah said softly.

I nodded slowly, I forgot to text him, I should have.

I looked over at the end of my bed, Cindy sat there, looking at all my bruises in disgust. "Mark is bad Eth" Cindy brought out.

I nodded slowly "I know Cin, but he's so amazing.." My face fell even further. I hated that they were right, Mark was nothing more than bad news, why did I still adore him?

Another waterfall formed again, Noah's arms wrapped themselves around me. "It's okay, it sucks when you realize someone you love is shit" Noah said jokingly pulling my beanie over my eyes. "Cheer up blonde emo prince"

I huffed, blonde was a new word in the list.

"What do you think of pizza tonight?" Noah asked me after that.

"Sounds good" A halfhearted smile formed on my lips, he was trying his best and I appreciated it. If it wasn't for Noah I already had killed myself, the ghosts made me mental also if it wasn't the ghosts then it was that bruinette starplayer the cause of it.

- - - - - - -

One empty pizza box and one pizza box with one slice left, I was full and so was Noah. We ended up watching a movie on my computer while eating in silence. Cindy was sitting on the ground watching the movie too.

In the beginning she hated all the technology, but now she likes it alot since it kept her busy and she liked fiction a lot.

I really was trying to focus on the movie but my thoughts kept drifting back to the jock from my school.

I heard my mom talking to someone outside, nothing special until out of nowhere a figure slided through my open window, making me want to scream but I froze in the motion.

A happy and satisfied Mark was the weird person, "Whitey!" He practically screamed before rolling over and looking at me with wide eyes. "Oh no baby.." he traveled off while crawling over to the bed. His movents slow and unsteady.

"Are you okay?" His eyes started watering and his words slurred. His arms tangled themself around me, pulling him in a tight hug as salt water started to leak out of his eyes, he smelled like alcohol.

"God Ethan I'm so sorry. So so so sorry, I panicked." He cupped my face, looking me close in the eyes. His full focus was on my eyes, his thumb stroked my cheek.

His gaze was full of thoughts, things he'd to say but left unsaid. He pouted, I wasn't prepared for a mark, looking like a sad drunk puppy.

Mark's thumb slowly stroked my bottomlip and his eyes were still leaking salt water. I didn't really know what to do, it was Markus Flynn. He was never sad, was this my fault? It was wasn't it? I was the cause of his sadness.