33: Boundaries

• MARK'S POV •
• • •
- ONE MONTH LATER -

I slowly opened my eyes and tried to figure out where I was, this wasn't my room. I tried to move but I couldn't, white hairs were tickling my nose, smelling a sweet scent, maybe strawberry like? A soft whine came from next to me because of my movements, everything came back like a train hitting me.

I was in Ethan's room, originally I wasn't planning on staying over with him, hell I was sleeping when my phone started ringing jolting me awake at 2 AM. I grabbed my phone, grumbling about who was so stupid to call me that late when I saw the callerID "Ice Prince" with the most adorable accidental sneak picture of a confused Ethan. I picked up the phone "hey babe what's up?" I asked with a groggy voice.

A trembling boy was on the other end of the line, I could hear him shudder, trying to keep the phone still. He told me there was a shadow .. I shot up and grabbed pants and struggled my way into them. Ethan started apologizing that he normally would've gotten Jake, but Jake was with Hannah.

But I didn't care, I told him I was gonna be there in 10 and if something happened he had to call me. I pulled a hoodie over my head and got my shoes.

After that I sneaked out of my room downstairs, as I closed the frontdoor behind me, I started to sprint to his house. It was nothing new, a month went by and this was a normal occurance, I didn't mind it though I hate sleeping alone.

I sprinted around a corner, over a fence and through the park. The first time it was a struggle to find a path, but now after many times it had become a routine. I should buy a bike tho, I can move even faster and completely quiet through the city. Ethan's house came in sight, he better had his window unlocked.

I was about to climb on the trashcan as the frontdoor clicked open, the white haired boy stood there, his hair was still bright in the dark. I walked to the boy, opening my arms, he immediately filled the created gap. I stroked his hair "Hey white everything okay?"

He nodded, "Yeah, just a bit shaken, but I'm really glad you're here.." Ethan said.
I smiled stroking his back. Ethan pulled me inside, "Come, you're sweaty and I don't want you to catch a cold.." Ethan mumbled tiredly.

After had crawled into bed with him, he clinged onto me and fell asleep, the spirit was gone or Ethan felt so happy and tired he forgot it was there. 6 hours later he was still sleeping and I was awake, his mouth was hanging slightly open and he snorred soft.

Today was an important day, today was the day Ethan was gonna join my friends in the lunchbreak. Ethan was scared, and I, I wasn't too sure of it myself but he had to. Noah was with his family by his dying grandma in Washington, so he wasn't home this week nor was he coming to school. So Ethan had no one to sit with, well that's a lie, he had me and I normally would go sit with Ethan, Noah and Adrian anyway but.. I wanted Ethan to be accepted by my friends so they could understand him and Ethan could join and no longer be an outcast, so he could come to parties and stuff, which my friends now still were too snobby for.

Once a freak, always a freak I guess.

Things had changed since I started dating Ethan, most of my friends didn't understand how I, the womanizer of the school could fall for a guy, the freakshow of the school. He wasn't a freak, yes he's social awkward due to seeing ghosts and he dresses different but that's all.

Ethan slowly stretched his back as his eyes slowly opened, taking me back to reality, "Goodmorning cutie", a small smile started forming on his face as he looked at me. "Hey" he said tiredly as he moved his head and suddenly his eyes became wide and scared, "oh no.." he whispered and started shaking.