Chapter 1:

Eren screams, causing titans to come to the threat. There was nothing left of Hannes, except for the blood that stained the smiling titans teeth. Just before the other titans reached it, a lone human flew by and sliced the back of its neck. As it slowly fell, it was consumed by its own kind. As Mikasa pulled Eren closer to safety, Jean landed and began to assist. While the smiling titan was being devoured, all survey corps members used the chance to retreat.

Mikasa+Jean

Later, Eren was recovering, Mikasa watched over him. It had already been over 24 hours since Hannes was eaten, and Eren is still asleep.

Jean walked into the room. "Mikasa, why don't you take a break? Eren just went to sleep so he won't be awake anytime soon."

"It's fine."

"Don't be like that. How about we go to the cafeteria and get something to eat. I'll buy too."

"I said its fine." Mikasa told him. "Someone has to be here when Eren wakes up. I'm not leaving until he tells me too."

"Listen, Eren won't wake up for at least another hour or two. And if he wakes up early, Levi already said he needed to talk to him, so you would be kicked out anyways. Just come down and eat something with me and we will be back before then."

Mikasa looked up at jean. "I will go if we get back in half an hour."

"Okay, then let's get going."

The two left the room. When they ate, they talked. Mikasa talked about how much Hannes meant to them and that she was grateful that jean killed the titan. She also told him that it was the same titan that killed Eren's mother.

Eren+Levi

Meanwhile, Eren woke up. He looked over to find Captain Levi standing in the corner. Eren said "Captain Levi, why are you here?"

"I wanted to talk to you about Hannes."

"What about him."

Levi leaned against the wall. "Hannes was a part of the Garrison regiment, yet he risked his life as if he was with the survey corps."

"Yeah. When he saw that titan coming towards us, he had to risk his life."

"Anyone could have helped you."

"No Hannes made it his duty to kill that specific titan. He wouldn't have risked his life for anyone or to kill any titan."

"Then he knew that titan from before?"

"Yes. It was the smiling titan. The same titan that killed my mother. Hannes told me that back then he was a coward, and that's why he didn't kill it then. He wasn't going to miss another chance at killing it, and it ended up killing him."

Levi looked out the window. "Right in front of you, just like when it ate your mother."

"Yeah."

"You know that Erwin lead that group, and he wanted to see you once you woke up. He's in a room down the hall recovering."

"Recovering?"

"Yes. Erwin lost his arm trying to get you back. Now let's go."

"Okay." Eren got up and followed Levi to Erwin's room.

-

"Commander Erwin, I brought Eren for you."

Erwin turned his head toward his guests. "Thank you Levi."