Chapter 16 (SHORT)

Levi woke up to the loud banging of pots and pans. He lifted his head to see Ben standing at the door to his room. "Oi, brat. Quit the noise or I'm going to kick you out. I'm trying to sleep."

Ben laughs. "You can't do that."

"What are you talking about? Of course I can. I'm the head of this house so what I say, goes." He responded.

"Even so, you can't today."

"Why not?"

"Because it's Christmas!" Ben said with excitement before running away.

Levi looked at the clock, which read '7:13 am' and yawned. Christmas, already? He though as he took the covers off. The thought made him depressed more than happy, but he still got up and made his way to the living room.

The room was lightly decorated with pictures that Ben drew and tapped to the walls. Levi watched as the kid stared at the wrapped presents on the coffee table. He then moved to the kitchen to find Eren making breakfast. "Morning. What's with the kid banging the pans? He woke me up."

"Good morning, Levi. I'm sorry about that. I asked him to go wake you up but I didn't expect him to do that. Here, I made you breakfast." Eren replies, handing a plate full of food to the captain.

"Since when did you cook?" Levi asked as he hesitantly accepted the plate. "And why?"

"My mom showed me how to cook when I was young. But I never really needed to cook until now." He said as he smiled. "And the reason, well, today's your birthday!"

Levi blushed at how cute his partner smiled, even though he felt rotten on the inside. He never really liked his own birthday. Levi snapped out of it when Ben ran into the room.

"Today's your birthday?!" He asked.

Eren handed him a bowl of food while Levi answered, "Yes. Today is my birthday."

Together, the three migrated to the dining room and ate breakfast.

"Are you working today?" Eren asked.

"No." Levi answered. "Erwin gave me today and tomorrow off. Once for holiday and the other my birthday."

Eren smiled again. "Then I plan on spending the whole day with you, okay?"

"Whatever."

After Ben opened his presents, he played with his first ever toys. Levi and Eren got ready and left to spend the day together. They left Ben at Hanji's office to be babysat and observed. They spent the whole day together, walking around shopping to watching the sun set. When they came home and put Ben to bed, they made their way to their own room.

"So," Eren asks as he sat on the bed, "What do you want to do now?"

Levi opened the covers and began to unbutton his shirt. "To be honest, I just want to lay here with you."

Eren also removed his cloths and got under the covers. The two laid in the arms of each other, only occasionally talking, before falling asleep.