Chapter 18

It had been a few hours since Levi left, and Eren still didn't know his whereabouts. He went to the Captain's office like normal with tea and lunch for them to share, but Levi was not there. His desk was paper-free, meaning Levi didn't come in yet today. So Eren set the lunch down and went to investigate.

He searched in places where Levi would normally be, but after an hour, Eren found himself near Hanji's office and decided to stop by. When he knocked on her door, she didn't answer. Luckily, one of her assistants was walking by and asked why he was there.

"I couldn't find Captain Levi, so if figured Hanji would know." Eren explained.

The assistant frowned. "I thought you of all people would know. Those two left on an expedition early this morning under the Commander's orders."

Eren couldn't believe his ears. "An expedition?"

"Yes, an expedition. Not only that, but we never received a return time for it, either."

Eren turned around and marched to the Commander's office. When he arrived, he didn't bother knocking, and just kicked down the door. Mikasa was in the room talking to the Commander about who knows what, but he didn't care. He just wanted answers. "WHERE the hell is Levi!" Eren demanded. "I was told he went on an expedition. Explain."

"Calm down, Jaeger." Commander Erwin said to the screaming teen. "Yes, Levi and Hanji went out on an expedition this morning to clarify some information on a titan. It should be a short trip; didn't Levi tell you?"

"No, he didn't." Eren said, marching forward. "I hadn't seen him since he left after breakfast. He didn't even say goodbye because Hanji rushed him out the door."

"Well, it was his decision to tell you or not, so don't blame me."

"You're kidding me. I could blame you if I want to. It's your fault for not telling me before he left. I'm sure he had at least an hour to get his gear and horse ready, so you could have told me during that time. And why the hell did I not go with him?" Eren asked, more pissed off.

"Because you needed to care for Ben." The commander explained.

"Mikasa could have watched him."

Mikasa, who was standing behind Eren, interrupted. "I'm not going to be left behind to baby-sit while you are risking your life outside the wall."

Eren was so consumed with anger that he hadn't noticed that Mikasa was in the room. "Oh, hey Mikasa. What are you doing here?"

"Are you serious, Eren? I was in here talking to Commander Erwin when you barged in a few minutes ago." She explained.

Eren was shocked at her response. "Sorry about that, but I just had to talk to the Commander." He then turned his attention back to Erwin. "Anyways, you could have sent both me and Mikasa on the expedition and have Ben be watched by Jean or Armin."

Erwin smiled. "Yes, I could have, but doing that would have jeopardized the point of the expedition. It was just to prove a titan's whereabouts. Knowing you, it would be bad if you changed into a titan and put the others at risk. You transform based off your emotions, and on this mission, that is the last thing we want. Understand?"

"SO, you sent Levi on a mission based on a rumor? That's ridiculous!" Eren points out. "You could of sent anyone else to do such a simple job. But instead you had to take my Levi away from me." He was cut off by Mikasa's hand covering his mouth.

"Eren, go home and calm down." Mikasa said.

The Commander nodded in agreement. "She's right, Jaeger. Come back tomorrow morning once you've calmed down. Ms. Ackerman, please make sure he makes it home safely. Then we can continue our meeting from where we left off."