Chapter 12

Mikasa x Jean

Mikasa banged on the door to Eren's apartment again. It was her fourth visit there today and she began to get impatient, but worried. "Eren, open your door now. If you don't open up in the next minute, I will kick the door down." After saying that, there was an immediate shuffling noise from the other side of the door. It sounded like Eren was moving furniture in front of the door to prevent her from her plans. Once the shuffling stopped, she sighed. "Eren, I just want to know that you're ok."

No response.

"Then if you keep ignoring me, then that's fine. I also wanted to let you know that they are sending a search party out tonight for Levi, and Jean and I will be going with them." Mikasa said.

Still no response.

"Okay, I'll see you when we return. And when I do, this door is coming down." Mikasa promised as she walked away.

She met up with Jean a few minutes later.

"No luck?" He asked.

Mikasa just shook her head as she hugged Jean.

The two stood there for a few minutes, holding each other, until Jean spoke. "We should get going. The search party is leaving at dusk." Before the two separated, they kissed. They walked together, holding hands as they met up with the search party.

Sasha and Connie were among them, and waved them over. "Hey there, you love birds. How are you doing?" Sasha says while winking. Connie begins handing Mikasa and Jean their gear.

Jean and Mikasa both blushed at the comment. "Oh, we're doing fine." Mikasa answered.

Jean answered, "Well for the most part. Mikasa is getting it rough because Eren's giving her the cold shoulder. He doesn't even answer his door."

"Couldn't you just kick the door in, Mikasa?" Sasha asks.

"He barricaded the door with furniture." She explained to the brunette.

"And that is a problem how?" Connie finally spoke. "I mean, for a woman, you're strong. I wouldn't be surprised if you can take down a Wall by yourself."

Mikasa glared at him momentarily. "Well, that may be true, but the fact that he did that means he doesn't want to be around anyone, even me."

"Well of course he doesn't want that. He only wants one person right now and that's Ca---" Jean was cut off by Mikasa elbowing him in the side. It took Jean a few seconds to realize why she did that. There's no way she would let him tell anyone about them being together. Eren would hate her if that got out.

Sasha's face lit up. "WAIT, Eren has a person?!"

Connie also became interested. But just as the topic came up, Armin came over with Hanji.

"We are departing in 5 minutes. Please be fully geared up by then." Hanji stated seriously.

The four saluted her, and as she left, Armin started talking. "SO, Mikasa, who is Eren waiting for?"

As Mikasa began to open her mouth, Jean replied instead. "You already know the answer to that, Armin. He's waiting for US to bring the Captain back so they can get info from that kid. That's it."

Sasha and Connie looked disappointed as they heard the answer. They spoke in unison. "I thought Eren had a person." And they sighed.

"You know, I'm surprised you two aren't married yet." Mikasa said in response.