Chapter 8

Two days have passed since Eren moved in with Levi. Levi still had some paperwork and used most of his time to do that. Eren stayed at their place since he moved in, until Hanji came over.

"Eren, it's nice to see you." The brunette greeted him.

"What's up, Hanji?" Eren replies.

"Oh, well I was just heading to a meeting the Commander announced and thought I should come and get you."

"Meeting? What meeting?"

Hanji tilted her head so her goggles flashed and smiled. "The strategy meeting that Armin set up about our next adventure beyond the walls."

"OH. Well why do I need to be there? Isn't it for the Commander and Captains?"

"Exactly. All the higher ups along with you and Armin. Now let's get going or we'll be late." Hanji says excitedly before dragging Eren out the door.

The two arrived to find at least 20 people shoved in the Commander's hospital room. Levi and Armin stood over by the Commander with a blank chalkboard nearby. The others were a mixture of squad leaders and captains. What made it weird was that some were a part of the Garrison Regiment. When Armin saw the two walk in, he told everyone to make a path for them to get through so they could start the meeting.

Commander Erwin cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. "Thank you for being here, everyone. I know this is only a fraction of our leadership team but this room is only so big. Today, Armin Arlert from the Survey Corps Special Operations Squad will be providing a strategy that he has already discussed with me. This strategy will be used in 1 week for our next venture beyond the walls."

After that, the room fell silent before Armin spoke. "Hi, everyone. Uh, due to the Commander's injury, I was given the duty to come up with a strategy that will result in us gaining Wall Maria back. Our goal is to reach Wall Maria within the first day after departing. The second and third days we will be working together to get Eren to Shiganshina district, plug up the wall and get into his basement to find the secret about Titans. All titans we face along the way will be slain."

As Armin moved to the chalkboard, everyone clapped to show support. "Okay, so what we are going to do is split our forces into two teams." Armin draws three circles to represent the walls in the board. "The first group will be leaving 3 days beforehand from Chlorba District in the West and make a straight path to Wall Maria. Once they reach Wall Maria, they will pull themselves up the wall and walk on top of it. The second group leaves 3 days after the first group. They will descend Wall Rose slightly to the west of the District of Trost." As he spoke, he drew the paths of the two groups. "They two will make a direct path to Wall Maria. Once they reach the wall, they will ride alongside the wall while the first group rides on top the wall."

Eren raises his hand.

"Yes Eren?"

"Which group will I be in?" Eren asked his friend.

"You will be in the second group." Armin answered. "You will walk along Wall Maria until we make it to Shiganshina. Once we get there, you will patch any holes in the wall with your titan form. If Titans show up, then majority of the groups will kill them and a small group will travel with you to your basement in Shiganshina. Once our goal is reached, we will return by traveling on Wall Maria back into safety."

Levi took the short pause as a chance to interject. "Then if the Commander is not leading either groups, then who will?"

"Good question, Captain. After talking it over with the Commander, we decided that Hanji and myself will be 'Co-Commanding' the first group, while Captain Levi will be the sole Commander of the second group."