Moan- Part 1

"Are you sure about this?" I asked my friend, Louis. I looked at him and saw him roll his eyes   at me while driving.

We were on our way to his younger sisters engagement dinner. The only reason I was worried about it was because my ex was going to be there. Unfortunately, the cheater was as close with Lottie as I was and we both ended up being invited. He cheated on me a year ago, I got over it and moved on but I've not seen him since then. As a matter of fact, I never wanted to see him again, nor did I plan to. At first, I wasn't going to go to this dinner, but Lottie is one of my closest friends as well as Louis, who I grew up with. I couldn't not attend, so here I am, on my way there.

"Yes, I'm sure about this. You shouldn't be nervous about seeing that scumbag. If anything, he should be nervous about seeing you." Louis' right. Myles admitted that cheating on me was the biggest mistake he'd ever made and he wasted almost two months of his life trying to win me back, which of course did not happen.

The drive to the restaurant wasn't too long and we got there sooner than I'd like. Louis parked his car and I took a deep breath before opening the door and stepping out. I immediately regretted not bringing a jacket as my short dress wasn't doing much of a good job at keeping me warm. I wrapped my arms around myself and turned my head, waiting for Louis.

"Come on," He wrapped his arm around my waist and we started walking toward the entrance. Despite Louis trying to calm my nerves, I still felt on edge.

"Don't speak or look at him but if he dares to speak to you, tell me and I'll sort him out." Louis assured me. He's always been protective over me, and became even more so after Myles cheated. Louis was with me every step of the way.

I nodded at what Louis said as we walked up the steps outside the restaurant, my heart began to race. I stopped Lou as he was about to pull the door open. He looked at me with a confused expression and I peered up at him, biting my lip.

"I can't do it." I said and turned on my heel, beginning to walk back down the steps.

"Y/N, come on." He grabbed my arm to stop me.

"No, I can't. I don't want to see him." I said, looking down.

"You think I do? Hell, you think I want you to be anywhere near him?" He asked rhetorically and my eyes met his. "Fuck no. But you're here for Lottie, not him. Fuck him. Come on, babe, you're better than that." I breathed through my nose and leaned my head against Louis' chest.

"Okay." I sighed and we walked up to the door one more time.

"That's it. That's my girl." Louis chuckled and I smiled at him. He opened the door and let me walk through it first. "Let's get this over with." He said and placed his arm back around my waist.

I held my breath as we walked into the brightly lit room. My eyes fell upon the big, rectangular table instantly and the closer we got to it, the more sweaty my hands got. I kept my gaze on Lottie's silver- blond hair and smiled when she turned her head and spotted Louis and I.

She stood up and tackled us both with a tight hug. "I'm so glad you're here." She squealed.

"There's your seats." She pointed to two seats in the middle of the huge table. Fortunately, I was seated between Louis and some guy I didn't know. I was glad I still hadn't seen Myles anywhere, I wasn't sure if he was sat at the table or not because my eyes just kept gazing down.

God, I felt like I was frozen. I couldn't move my eyes upward, even when Louis nudged me to tell me, "He's in the toilet." That meant he'd be back any minute

"Where's he sitting?" I asked.

"Opposite, last seat." He answered and I finally managed to look up at him with wide eyes.