Epilogue - Future Queen of Asgard

Thor

***

The raging storm slowly died down as the hard rain turned to a soft pitter patter.

Steve's eyes widened as he watched Ororo's body plummet and plunge into a large body of water. He ran as fast as he could and jumped head first into the water as he swam out to meet her.

Diving deeper, he frantically searched the water until he saw her body floating. He quickly reached for her, wrapping his arms around her waist as he pulled her up and swam back to land.

Steve placed her body on the ground and immediately scrambled on top of her as he tried to give her CPR.

"Come on, 'Ro! Come on!" he said anxiously as he put pressure on her chest trying to resuscitate her.

Tried as he may, there was no sign of life, no breathing coming from her body.

"Please, 'Ro. Please come back to me. Please," he pleaded before he put his mouth to hers, blowing oxygen into her lungs.

She immediately spit out water as she struggled to catch her breath.

Her eyes fluttered open for just a moment to look at him before she passed out again.

He shifted his arms underneath her back and knees as he picked her up, her comatose body dangled helplessly in his arms. His forehead creased with concern as he looked at her with sadness, desperation and love.

"I will take her."

Steve looked up to see Thor descending from the sky. His red cape flurried around him as his toes touched down to the ground.

"Um, don't you think it's best she goes off with her team... the X-Men?" Tony said flying down to meet Thor and Steve.

"He's right," Jean said descending from the sky with Angel and Iceman. "We will take care of her. And we'll send more X-Men to come clean up here."

"Your world does not have the kind of magic, power, and resources that Asgard has. We can heal her both physically and mentally," Thor said. "I'm also not asking. I'm telling you... that I am taking her."

Jean squinted her eyes at Thor when she felt a heavy hand on her shoulder. She looked to the side to see Beast/Hank standing next to her.

"Let him take her..." Hank said softly. "He needs her... and she needs him. She will be much better off with the Asgardians anyway."

Jean frowned not at all happy with the arrangement.

"Isn't your father the one who tried to excommunicate her? Why bring her to a place where she is not wanted?" Jean asked.

"My father will no longer be a problem," Thor rumbled. "Ororo is under my care and my responsibility. I only ask one favor."

Jean looked at Thor curiously. She was surprised the Son of Asgard was actually deciding to step up to his father. A stark contrast to his demeanor when her best friend first started dating him.