XII. Love & War

Thor Odinson

"I've never known a woman like you, 'Ro

"I've never known a woman like you, 'Ro..."

Nestled just underneath his chin, Ororo drew circles on Steve's firm, bare chest with her pointer finger. She chuckled lightly before speaking.

"Really?" she said sarcastically. "You're part of a team of overpowered superheroes. Natasha is a dangerous assassin. Wanda is one of the most powerful mutants alive. Jean Grey is a damn phoenix. And that's just in our world alone."

Steve snickered as he grabbed her hand and kissed it fondly.

"I just meant... you're the only woman to make me feel this way..."

She lifted her head to look in his crystal clear blue eyes. He smiled lovingly at her as he grabbed her chin between his thumb and finger.

"I've fallen head over heels for you, 'Ro..."

Ororo felt a warm feeling invade her body as she leaned in and softly pressed her lips to his. Their kiss grew more passionate as she opened her mouth, allowing his tongue entrance to make love to her own the way his body did to her moments before.

Steve ran his hand over the curve of her back as she leaned further into him.

Suddenly her eyes opened wide and she quickly got off of him.

"What's wrong?"

"No... Steve! You have to leave! Now!"

She quickly got up pulling the sheet around her body.

"What do you mean? What's wrong?"

"Don't ask, just go! Please! Quick!"

She gathered his shirt off of the floor and handed it to him as she pushed him towards the door. She peeked out before quickly shutting it close.

"The window! Take the window!"

"'Ro!"

"Please, Steve! Just go. I'll explain later!"

She pushed him near the window and he quickly climbed out just as they heard banging on her door.

"ORORO!"

Steve looked up at her with an irritated glare.

"Is that why-"

"Not now, Steve!" she whispered frantically.

He looked at her regretfully and sighed before jumping out of the window. She watched him leap from one tree to the next until he completely disappeared just as Thor broke down her door.

She quickly turned around to face him holding her sheet to her naked body.

"Honestly, Thor! These people are hosting us as their guests and you're breaking down their homes!"