nineteen

'It's completely unnecessary and just a waste of time. It was just romanticized so that the people who run these fairs can feed off the money of crazy people like you.' Alexander stated, crossing his arms. 

We were standing in the line for the Ferris Wheel and I guess the poor little rich boy had too much of the "commoner world" for one day and was upset that I didn't let him book the whole fair for today. He was probably exhausted from listening to me go on and on about everything I could think of throughout the day but there was no way I was leaving without having a go on the Wheel.

'They can have all my money for all I care, we're not leaving without having a go on the Wheel.' I crossed my arms, matching his pose and standing my ground.

'This is so stupid.' he groaned, running his hand over his face slowly as if this was physically painful for him.

'Many things are, like your hatred for anything that's remotely entertaining, but you don't see me complaining do you?' A small smile was itching on my lips and that gained me a look from Alexander. 

'What's so bloody amazing about a wheel that turns?' he argued again. His stamina was honestly impressive, most guys give up by now.

'Ask me that when we're on the top.' I tell him with a small smile, turning back to face the front. I hear him sigh loudly beside me before the wheel comes to a stop and the next load of people begin to get on. Alexander didn't even look twice at me as he got in our booth, walking right past me and slumping down on his seat like a little kid forced to come.

I shook my head at his attitude and got in myself thanking the man who was holding the door open and giving him a smile. The wheel began to move and we rose higher and higher above the ground. The higher we went, the more the look of annoyance melted off Alexander's face and was replaced with a soft curiosity as his eyes stayed trained on the view outside. 

While the city held plenty of charm during the day where the sun shone and reflected off the glass that towered above our skyline, it's true fascination only revealed itself when the sun sank behind the giants of concrete and out rose the magnificent moon while the stars came out to play. There was a galaxy on the ground as lights switched on and shone brighter and brighter - every colour, every size, some blinking, some flashing. It was a battle of who could shine the brightest not just between the lights but the buildings and people too. It was as if someone had thrown glitter all over the ground and each speck existed as an individual but was a fragment of a masterpiece. 

That moment of being above everything in the world never lasted very long in reality. But when you're really up there with the stars and the moon, it was as if everything else disappeared and it was just you and the darkness and your own eternity. 

It took my breath away and I clearly wasn't the only one. Alexander's breath audibly hitched beside me and he subconsciously almost, leaned back as if the view was just too much to take in with one look. 

'It's beautiful isn't it?' I whispered in a small voice. The world around us had dissolved and for a few moments, the only thing that existed was the cable booth and the two of us. 

'It really, really is.' But to my surprise, when I turned to give him the "now tell me, rich boy, was the wait worth it?" look, his eyes were already fixated on me. He was a whole new view on his own, this boy. 

The lights in the booth were dimmed and his eyes were most probably the most beautiful orbs I had ever seen. They were soft and caught the warm rays of light from the booth lights and the green was streaked with bits of gold. Everything about him, just sitting there, opposite me, with his strong jaw and clear, glowing skin and so, ever so, soft lips, was surreally perfect.