Chapter three.

Keith walked slowly home, the dance was different. Not like he pictured it to be fabulous like everyone always says. Or, As in Shiro said. But it was alright.

Keith thought back that's the most anyone stopped and tried talking to him. He never felt comfortable around new people, guess he can blame that on his adopted parents. They weren't what people called part of the community in anyway.

He sighed walking up the steps to the small run down suburban home, the gutters hanging by tied threads, windows cracked, and probably lead filled paint peeling in chunks.

He nervously opened the front door the creaking sound was like deaths piercing screams. Felt like an alarm to Keith's ears letting the evil ones know he's home. He stared at the smoke stained wooden floor not daring to meet the drunken eyes that watched him with every step from the couch.

He climbed the stairs blocking out the comments of his outfit choice that was barely masked by the loud tv, he entered his room letting his breath out that he held, he quietly locked the deadbolt on his door.

'Maybe it'll be okay before school tomorrow? I didn't speak to them. Didn't acknowledge or fight'

He sighed laying on his sheet on the floor, he only had a bed when social services were around, which was a regular once a month due to 'noise complaints from neighbors.' But they made sure it was only for one night a month.

Keith didn't talk about it when they came and it didn't help his abusers stayed in the room cause he was underage and they told them he was mentally incompetent. The social service woman never seemed to care anyway.

He just never said anything. Just decided one day himself that he wanted to stay in this town to finish school even if he has to wait till his eightieth birthday to move far away. Maybe with Shiro and Allura, but he didn't want to be a third wheel.

As he laid contemplating his next life mistake, his phone vibrated making him silently groaned, it's probably Shiro again. After Allura seeing him today in the nurses office, it's been a non-stop, are you sure you're okay? They've had their suspicions on my adopted parents but I won't confirm anything.

Turning his phone on his eyes grew wide not only did Shiro spam him but a new number had too.

-Hi, It's Lance.

-Y'know the one who sprained your wrist...and the one who might have a slight concussion..

-Sorry about hurting you!

-You just couldn't stop from falling for me ;)

Hi..It's alright. and fall for you?-

You are the one who knocked me over..-

-Well, you couldn't stay standing at the sight of my beauty!

Ok..-

-Did you draw this lion on the paper you gave me?

Yeah.-

-It's really good, you should draw me sometime!...if you want I mean..

Sure...maybe Monday.-

I'm going to bed..tonight was sorta fun..bye-

-Fun? it was fantastic! Goodnight Keef. <3

-

Keith stared at the heart Lance sent till his phone went into sleep mode, what does that mean? and I'm so dry with conversations! maybe I can trust him enough to talk in person..I'm more fun in person right? I think....maybe.

-------------------